Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

Coyote roaming the yard
Coyote-s.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Grizzly bear family feeding on a distant hillside in Yellowstone Nat'l. Park
P1113756.jpg
P1113777.jpg
P1113790.jpg
P1113812.jpg
P1113815.jpg
P1113919.jpg
P1114012.jpg
P1114043.jpg

1000018301.jpg

Went to the park yesterday and had some lovely interaction with the little rascals.

1000018313.jpg

1000018322.jpg

You mean there's MORE nuts?

1000018327.jpg

I don't believe you

1000018315.jpg

WHERE'S MY NUTS BRIAN? (Family Guy reference)

1000018308.jpg

Okayu, we can have peace

1000018321.jpg

Nom nom nom

1000018309.jpg

I'm not sharing my nuts with anyone

1000018310.jpg

This is as close to a thank you I will probably ever get :p

1000018311.jpg

Had about 4 squirrels around me at one point. I was Squirrelrounded :p

1000018317.jpg

Things got very intense when Tom Cruise was repelling down for the nuts bag ... Not my nuts bag though :p

Last edited:
View attachment 473329
Went to the park yesterday and had some lovely interaction with the little rascals.

View attachment 473330

View attachment 473331

View attachment 473332
I don't believe you

View attachment 473333

View attachment 473334
Okayu, we can have peace

View attachment 473335
Nom nom nom

View attachment 473336
I'm not sharinng my nuts with anyone

View attachment 473338

View attachment 473339

View attachment 473340
Things goflt very intense when Tom Cruise was repelling down for the nuts bag ... Not my nuts bag though :p
Bloody brilliant, Ovi.

That interaction will have to make you feel terrific for at least the next three months! What a marvellous experience.

I'm dead envious ...

Bloody brilliant, Ovi.

That interaction will have to make you feel terrific for at least the next three months! What a marvellous experience.

I'm dead envious ...
Thanks John. They live here all year round so there's always opportunities to get them, just need to make sure you have lots of the food they like and build a bit of trust with them.
I am sure if any of them find out I have unlimited nuts at home they would move in with me, not sure my Little Legs is going to be okayu with that though.

I haven't traveled all that much in the world but there must be other towns and cities that have Squirrels as permanent residents. I admit that only UK seem to have them in almost every town and city from what I have personally experienced. (I've been through France, Belgium, been in Netherlands, Italy and Romania)

Last edited:
Thanka John. They live here all year round so there's always opportunities to get them, just need to make sure you have lots of the food they like and build a bit of trust with them.
I am sure if any of them find out I have unlimited nuts at home they would move in with me, not sure my Little Legs is going to be okayu with that though.

I haven't traveled all that much in the world but there must be other towns and cities that have Squirrels as permanent residents. I admit that only UK seem to have them in almost every town and city from what I have personally experienced. (I've been through France, Belgium, been in Netherlands, Italy and Romania)
We have them here alright - but they wouldn't come near humans for anything; in fact, they're world champions at bolting and artfully hiding (though they like to check by peeking around tree trunks - hilarious!). So, I hope you're enjoying the rare opportunity you have there!

Fantastic imagery, to be sure!

M.

We have them here alright - but they wouldn't come near humans for anything; in fact, they're world champions at bolting and artfully hiding (though they like to check by peeking around tree trunks - hilarious!). So, I hope you're enjoying the rare opportunity you have there!

Fantastic imagery, to be sure!

M.
Maybe it's the forced living among nature on a relatively small island with a large-ish human population.
The squirrels here to skedaddle more often then not and do love to peak behind trees like: Heuou there. The ones at the park seems to be the most social of them. I will take more opportunities in the future, especially once autumn colours hit, makes for some of the most amazing images.

I wonder if New York Squirrels are as friendly?
1717353919845.png

1000018474.jpg

1000018364.jpg

What a huge difference in composition it makes just by lowering yourself by about 3 cm (or an inch or so). The top has the grass between the squirrel and the dark hedge right behind the squirrel. The bottom is the dark hedge separating the subject even more dramatically. The images were taken less then 5 seconds apart from the same location.

View attachment 473329

View attachment 473330

View attachment 473331

View attachment 473332
I don't believe you

View attachment 473333

View attachment 473334
Okayu, we can have peace

View attachment 473335
Nom nom nom

View attachment 473336
I'm not sharing my nuts with anyone

View attachment 473338

View attachment 473339

View attachment 473340
Things got very intense when Tom Cruise was repelling down for the nuts bag ... Not my nuts bag though :p

I have to agree with John, Ovi... a truly brilliant squirrel sequence.
I love the way their eyes - and the sense that they are looking at the world in general and at the photographer specifically - seems reflected in their small faces.
Truly great photographs.

While out for an evening walk, I spotted this young buck just snacking away along the edge of a creek and captured a few nice photos of him in the dusk light.

View attachment 473602
Something seems to have gone wrong with the attachment - I don't see the image, and I can't call up the file.

Maybe it's better to re-upload (unless you yourself see the image - it may be a local/cache problem).

M.

Back