Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

Good Evening,

One of the locals that is responsible for damming up my brook that leads into the reservoir/watershed...:(

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 479764View attachment 479765View attachment 479766
1720007439438.png

Good Afternoon,

This doe had been chased into the watershed by a pack coyotes/coydogs; I could hear the ruckus while I was coming around one of the islands. I gave her a wide berth and she came out of the water, then disappeared into the woodlands. Hopefully she did not leave any little ones behind...

Update: Her swim distance was nearly 1/3rd of a mile...

Regards,

Edd

P7030208.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
20041028-Annapolis.026.jpg

Some 20 years ago I was in Annapolis doing some equipment testing. We got the afternoon off for them to do some remediation so I took a drive over to the Severn River.

There is an old bridge being used as a fishing pier, and as I walked onto it I saw people pointing at this.

The deer had swam completely across the river. I've never seen a deer in the water before or after.

An interesting "close encounter" in the avian world between a Great Horned Owl - just sitting there, minding its own business - and a very vocal and irritated California Scrub Jay, which wanted to make the Owl depart (for greener pastures?) and continually either chirped angrily at it (as it's doing here) or occasionally executed fly-by's (which unfortunately I didn't 'capture') that targeted the larger bird.

EM5_July3_24_great_horned_owl+scrub_jay.jpg

From a visit to "Aquarium du Québec"
DSCF3664-C1.jpg
DSCF3666-C1.jpg
DSCF3667-C1.jpg
DSCF3671-C1.jpg
DSCF3677-C1.jpg
DSCF3680-C1.jpg
DSCF3684-C1.jpg
DSCF3685-C1.jpg

What are you lookin at?

2024-06-13_P1100962.jpg

This is Lu, famously known for his performances in many movies for the past 40 years and the only hippopotamus to be awarded citizenship in the state of Florida.

ELLIE SCHILLER HOMOSASSA SPRINGS WILDLIFE STATE PARK

Visited Peak Wildlife Park for the first time yesterday - their collection isn't that broad, but they do have more intriguing/unique species than one expects from a smaller zoo like this. It seems very clean and well kept, the enclosures are large and well landscaped, and the animals seemed happy - I noted a good range of behaviours, including lots of play (it was a pleasure to watch two Lowland tapirs, a brother and sister, swimming, diving and roughhousing in their pond).
This photo was taken in the Red squirrel walkthrough enclosure, after 45 patient minutes at the very end of the day - Panasonic G9 with Panasonic 14-140ii. Using the OM-1 colour rendering in DxO Photolab for a bit of a change.

53844597756_b539bb5b89_h.jpg

Back