Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

Kicked up a couple today on a little walk. Unfortunately all I saw were two white flags racing off through thick brush.

This little guy was wary, but not so shy that he refused to pose before I moved and he figured out I was not a tree. Every time the camera focused it beeped, and he would answer with a chirp. He got closer every time he heard it.

51777985520_ce3bb11941_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC00066 by telecast, on Flickr

51777985375_99c7916c08_o.jpg
DSC00073 by telecast, on Flickr

Kicked up a couple today on a little walk. Unfortunately all I saw were two white flags racing off through thick brush.

This little guy was wary, but not so shy that he refused to pose before I moved and he figured out I was not a tree. Every time the camera focused it beeped, and he would answer with a chirp. He got closer every time he heard it.

View attachment 283338DSC00066 by telecast, on Flickr

View attachment 283339DSC00073 by telecast, on Flickr
Wow, he has a pretty thin coat for this time of year. Probably has a nice toasty pad in someone's attic next to the furnace stack. How's that new body feeling? Today was a nice dry day to get it outside and put it through some paces.

Wow, he has a pretty thin coat for this time of year. Probably has a nice toasty pad in someone's attic next to the furnace stack. How's that new body feeling? Today was a nice dry day to get it outside and put it through some paces.
Nope, he lives in the woods. He's very young. Body feels ok, still getting used to things.

One of the many cute, and mischievous, Meerkats at Adelaide Zoo.

I always enjoy spending time watching them, and no visit is complete without stopping in to see them.

PA260036-Edit (1).jpg

My old farmhouse sits on the rural outskirts just outside of town, and I receive frequent visits from hungry quadrupeds, searching for nourishment. Today's visitors were deer - and this one had a moment in which true surprise seemed to register on his or her ruminant visage.

Stylus_Jan9_22_surprised_deer.jpg

Young seal, resting at the beach, Nieuwpoort, Belgium.
PS Don't look at the ISO: was trying to photograph gulls inflight during misty conditions. Forgot to reset the ISO when I saw the seal.

Well at least it helped stop the action because, as we all know, there's nothing worse than a blurry seal frolicking in the surf.

Back