Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

bunny and bird.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Bunny and the Bird.

I had a pet racoon once. Trust me when I tell you, it's a bad idea!
I hear sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I know a guy who has a pet raccoon that sits on his couch with him like a person and eats popcorn with him when they watch movies together. On the other hand, I've seen a family of raccoons turn the entire interior of a boat into a product akin to dryer lint.

Edit to ADD:

Then, there's this guy...

WOW

I hear sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I know a guy who has a pet raccoon that sits on his couch with him like a person and eats popcorn with him when they watch movies together. On the other hand, I've seen a family of raccoons turn the entire interior of a boat into a product akin to dryer lint.
Mine would sneak up behind me in the car and bite the back of my arm. You know that really tender spot just above your elbow? The little S***.

OVI09762-Edit.JPG

At the park, feeding the little cute ducks.

OVI09783-Edit.JPG

This little fellow is limping quite badly on his left foot, I gave him extra food and hoped that it will help him recover quicker.

OVI09795-Edit.JPG

I really really really have a need to find out if I can cuddle a duck :p

OVI09273-Edit.JPG

I visited The Donkey Sanctuary outside of Sidmouth (South West England) for work purposes and I had a few opportunities to get some pictures of the donkey for myself. Its free entry and you can visit as much as you want.

OVI09276-Edit.JPG

I loved the place. the donkeys are so cute and sweet, most of them let you pat them (though I wanted to give them a proper hug). In this barn, they had over 35 donkeys.

OVI09285-Edit.JPG

They do look very happy (and busy with eating), I saw a large range from small asses to big asses (literally and figuratively :p ).

OVI09286-Edit.JPG

I had only my Tamy 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 lens with me and at times like this I wish I had (kept) the Tamy 28-200mm f 2.8-5.6. I don't think I can buy anything this year but I will absolutely keep it on my To Get list.

OVI09292-Edit.JPG

I really want to donate/adopt for The Donkey Sanctuary, they deserve (and need) all the help they can get and they are so gentle and sweet animals.

OVI09295.JPG

I promised myself (for the last 5 years) that once I have cleared my financial situation I will dedicate 50 to 100 £ of my wage every month to donations, half to animals and a half to children donation associations.

OVI09321.JPG

The cutest donkey on their adoption option.

OVI09392-Edit.JPG

Cute little Tilly, she is one of the smallest ones in the barn.

OVI09398-Edit.JPG

Is this the British version of the (Cartoon Network's 90s) Cow and Chicken kids show? :p

OVI09402-Edit.JPG

Such beautiful sweet and kind eyes.

OVI09406-Edit.JPG

"Heuou there, do I have something on my head?"

OVI09409-Edit.JPG

A very handsome white donkey.

OVI09414-Edit.JPG

My favourite picture :)

View attachment 376699
I visited The Donkey Sanctuary outside of Sidmouth (South West England) for work purposes and I had a few opportunities to get some pictures of the donkey for myself. Its free entry and you can visit as much as you want.

View attachment 376700
I loved the place. the donkeys are so cute and sweet, most of them let you pat them (though I wanted to give them a proper hug). In this barn, they had over 35 donkeys.

View attachment 376701
They do look very happy (and busy with eating), I saw a large range from small asses to big asses (literally and figuratively :p ).

View attachment 376702
I had only my Tamy 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 lens with me and at times like this I wish I had (kept) the Tamy 28-200mm f 2.8-5.6. I don't think I can buy anything this year but I will absolutely keep it on my To Get list.

View attachment 376703
I really want to donate/adopt for The Donkey Sanctuary, they deserve (and need) all the help they can get and they are so gentle and sweet animals.

View attachment 376704
I promised myself (for the last 5 years) that once I have cleared my financial situation I will dedicate 50 to 100 £ of my wage every month to donations, half to animals and a half to children donation associations.

View attachment 376705

View attachment 376706

View attachment 376707
Is this the British version of the (Cartoon Network's 90s) Cow and Chicken kids show? :p

View attachment 376708

View attachment 376709

View attachment 376710

View attachment 376711
Great set. That last one is my favorite too. Nice!

View attachment 376699

View attachment 376700

View attachment 376701

View attachment 376702

View attachment 376703

View attachment 376704

View attachment 376705

View attachment 376706

View attachment 376707

View attachment 376708

View attachment 376709

View attachment 376710

View attachment 376711
Beautiful animals, and they're so intelligent too. Some great captures here, and fantastic light in the last one

OVI00040-Edit.JPG

Yesterday I chanced upon a deer out in the fields, unfortunately a river was in front of me and I didn't fancy going for a swim to get closer. It was about 950 meters away.

OVI00064-Edit.JPG

To my, positive, suprise it was actually 2 of them, after I moved a bit down the river to get more branch free view.

OVI00052-Edit.JPG

On the left side was a hunking sexy male, rummaging grass happily, sometimes letting out a grun, just in case I didn't get it the first time that "she's" taken

OVI00079-Edit.JPG

On the right side was a gorgeous female with a cute white fuzzy butt (yeah, I know they all have white butts :p ). She would occasionally look at him or towards me ... And I was quite noticeable with my cute Zerglings T-Shirt.

OVI00046-Edit.JPG

The image quality was not great because of heat haze, which is strange because it wasn't hot enough for that, just 25C but because it's still cold as well the shadows were more like 15 C and the large difference between the two made the sunlight haze like crazy in th distance...that's why the grass is so wavey.

OVI00085-Edit.JPG

I had to use manual focus because without the 1.5x APSC crop the deer were basically smaller then the smallest AF point, that's how I know a rough estimate of their distance. At 500mm it's not a lot of magnification, I hope maybe next year I can get the Sony FE 200-600mm f 5.6-6.3 so I can use the 1.4x TC as well, I'm not sure if I will replace my Tamy lens or add to it (2 large lenses like this is difficult to justify to keep both).

Back