Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

Don't tell me you don't want to own the most feared Klingon enemy. The Scourge of The Klingon Empire!
Tribbles almost predate even the original Star Trek, Ovi. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Tribbles weren't mentioned in Star Trek until the first series in the 1990s.

Larry Niven wrote about them in a book whose name I can't remember now. Just remembered "The Mote in God's Eye" 1974.

Similar problem as the Star Trek ones though ... But more useful to the Moties.

Tribbles almost predate even the original Star Trek, Ovi. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Tribbles weren't mentioned in Star Trek until the first series in the 1990s.

Larry Niven wrote about them in a book whose name I can't remember now. Just remembered "The Mote in God's Eye" 1974.

Similar problem as the Star Trek ones though ... But more useful to the Moties.
Tribbles first appeared in the Star Trek universe in episode 15 of season 2 The Original Series, aired on 29 December 1967 (in the cannon world that's 2268), but they appeared in The Animated Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Discovery
But the earliest cannon appearance for Tribbles came in Star Trek Enterprise in the year 2153, already banned on most planets because of their ... Reproductive rates and insatiable appetite.

HAve you seen my nuts?.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI05191-Edit.JPG

While shooting some sheep in the field I noticed too late a beautiful fox was running away from me. I haven't seen a fox in a very long time and I was upset with myself for missing the shot, all I got was butt pictures of the fox running away.

OVI05224.JPG

It's all the sheep's fault :p

View attachment 388967

The doe parked her new fawn in our yard today while she went foraging.

Fawn update:

P5270006_01.jpg

It turns out that the fawn belongs to Olympia:

View attachment 352600
A portrait of Olympia, the grand old dame of the neighborhood Columbian Black-Tailed Deer does. She is named because of her signature limp (due to a bad forefoot). She is about 4 or 5 years into a 6-year average lifespan. Her hobble has not prevented her from birthing a fawn each season for at least the past three years. She is bossy and chases fawns and the other does away when annoyed, regardless of her injury.

If our colder-than-average temperatures persist into and through this winter, I fear she may not make it to spring next year.

More fawn pictures, curled up under our magnolia tree, trying to blend in:

P5290009_01.jpg

P5290011_01.jpg

1685407958268.jpeg

Back