Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

texascbx

Veteran
Name
Ricky
p262052340-5.jpg

p816058112-4.jpg

p94588439-4.jpg

A load of bullocks. Jpeg sooc via my ipad. No pp at all. Just making excuses for it not looking as good as the others!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363114452.173184.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363114452.173184.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 567
Peter, I love, love love your windswept friend who won't let a little breeze interfere with a good snack! I'm trying to remember what breed he or she is?

Dave, now that's the kind of "on the beat" style I'd like if I were an officer of the law.:cloud-9-039:

EBC Wilson, I've never ever thought of you as a goat - but I am very fond of goats...and this one looks like a Nubian, which is one of my favorites.:th_salute:

Bandrews, no apologies needed for your herd - one of the reasons I hanker after an iPad is for its simplicity of editing and uploading. Very nice!

Thanks for your kind words. I think it is a Scottish Highlander. I may be wrong though. I also commented to your comment at Flickr and included some other photos, also of wild horses. These were taken with the D800E (with an old 70-210 lens) so I can't add them here.

Peter, I love, love love your windswept friend who won't let a little breeze interfere with a good snack! I'm trying to remember what breed he or she is?

Similar to Peter's Calloway Cattle, here's a Scottish Highlander, on a small semi-natural island in one of the busiest riverways of Europe (the Meuse in Rotterdam). It's part of an experiment where I'm trying to create full-sized stitched panoramas (with shallow DOF if I want) using a single quick sweep in continuous drive mode to minimize subject movement between shots - more explanation at Experiment: high-speed version of Brenizer method

8723486865_e73ac52986_b.jpg

Experiment: high-speed version of Brenizer method by bartjeej, on Flickr

Thanks Bart for mentioning the right name of the animal in my photo, which was also definitely a Scottish Highlander! I looked for the name combined with this area and the wrong name showed up! Must have be part of the same experiment as yours (I live a bit further up north).

Nice photographic experiment too.

Peter

Similar to Peter's Calloway Cattle, here's a Scottish Highlander, on a small semi-natural island in one of the busiest riverways of Europe (the Meuse in Rotterdam). It's part of an experiment where I'm trying to create full-sized stitched panoramas (with shallow DOF if I want) using a single quick sweep in continuous drive mode to minimize subject movement between shots - more explanation at Experiment: high-speed version of Brenizer method

I thought they had some kind of Scots background!:bravo-009: There's something very appealing about them. Perhaps it's that the remind me of giant stuffed animals...the cuddly kind. I think I've spotted some around my new neck of the woods up here in northwestern Connecticut.

Very nice lighting, Bart!

Back