Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

DSCF2992.JPG
DSCF2861.jpg
I'm so impressed by the xc lenses. My xf 27 may be a touch sharper, but the xc lenses are special given the low cost. I've got a few more to upload once light room plays nice !

EDIT - couple of dog ones...not mine, but parents and friends. I liked the detail the lens/camera is able to resolve. Both are Provia...the classic chrome version of both look good too, but slightly too desaturated I felt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow a lot of these are fantastic! I am taking some inspiration here. I am actually working on getting better at taking pictures of my cats for my cat blog. I want very good and professional looking ones to help it stand out which is part of the reason I am looking to upgrade to a Fuji camera. I will continue browsing, I love looking at pictures taken by real people and not just finding some random ones on Google haha

X-T1 & 50-230. Wouldn't want to be bitten by this one. Our state has no documented fatalities from a Copperhead bite, but you will get very sick, and people who've been bitten by one say the pain - that can last for days - is nearly unbearable.

EDIT: it has been brought to my attention this is not a Copperhead, but one of the lookalikes, possibly a juvenile Black Rat Snake. I failed to notice the round pupils - Copperheads have vertical slits in their eyes. My mistake.

Copperhead1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Black squirrels in WV? I saw two of them on the State Capitol grounds yesterday. I wonder if it's a mutation of a Fox Squirrel, because it has red on part of its underbelly and tail. They must be used to being fed, because this one cautiously hopped to within a few feet from me and assumed a begging position before heading off to harass its normally-colored cousin. Other people have told me the only place they've seen them in WV is at the Capitol. The things you learn.

P6060031a.JPG

P6060033a.JPG

43994351110_8c3dea75d7_o.jpg
Robert Lois Stevenson Donkeys - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-26 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Donkeys are synonymous with the Chemin de Stevenson Trail, the Robert Lois Stevenson Trail as Robert Lois Stevenson walked what is now the trail with Modestine, his rather difficult donkey. So it was a nice little find to come across our first donkeys on day one of our walk.

Robert Lois Stevenson's book of his walk with Modestine is titled "Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes."

Day 1 of 12 - Le Puy-en-Velay to Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back