Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

KOI POND…
At a county botanical garden.

1650171761032.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think this position would be the coolest that bear could get during summer/spring without going for a swim. Ursa maritimus after all.

Thank Dan, I had a 1 year membership to the zoo, and I was there about 2 x month. Rain or shine. Some you never get a good shot of. I can name a few, Red Panda , Otter's and alot of the nocturnal ones. I got my money's worth. I think I will trickle out the best of the best as I have been doing. This thread is a Godsend to me. Because I love animals

We used to go to Colorado. I owned a condo in Fraser, next to Winterpark Ski Park. When the road was open, I often liked to drive to Mt. Evans which had a lot of Rocky Mountain Goats. With their horns, they could do some damage but I was never threatened. They live above the tree line and love to be around the 14,000+ feet of Mt. Evans. Finding them could be tricky but if you did, they were not particularly skittish. I would generally shoot from a prone position or kneeling which seemed to keep them happy. We would often run into a friend who lived nearby and had written and photographed wildlife in the area and was considered a great source to find the animals and we would spend lots of fun time laying on our stomachs on the shoulder of the road or even on the rocks.

D2X_0060_02-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We used to go to Colorado. I owned a condo in Fraser, next to Winterpark Ski Park. When the road was open, I often liked to drive to Mt. Evans which had a lot of Rocky Mountain Goats. With their horns, they could do some damage but I was never threatened. They live above the tree line and love to be around the 14,000+ feet of Mt. Evans. Finding them could be tricky but if you did, they were not particularly skittish. I would generally shoot from a prone position or kneeling which seemed to keep them happy. We would often run into a friend who lived nearby and had written and photographed wildlife in the area and was considered a great source to find the animals and we would spend lots of fun time laying on our stomachs on the shoulder of the road or even on the rocks.

View attachment 304827
That is a fantastic photo that I am envious of. I have only encountered mountain goats once and I treasure that moment.

Back