Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

chipmunk on feeder-fini.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The perennial Munkbird migration is currently taking place at feeders across the country.

Very good question, you move up to the head of the class. Ha ha. It is called Infrared photography. I had the D70 converted to 720nm filter. This gives quite a bit of leeway in terms of colours to play with. Although a 570/520 is even more colourful because it allows more wavelengths of light through.

Very good question, you move up to the head of the class. Ha ha. It is called Infrared photography. I had the D70 converted to 720nm filter. This gives quite a bit of leeway in terms of colours to play with. Although a 570/520 is even more colourful because it allows more wavelengths of light through.
Thanks. My only experience with infrared was back in the 70s in college. We shot black and white infrared and did our own developing. Never waded into the color end of the infrared pool.

I love it. If you don't want to convert a camera body just buy a filter. Those work better better with mirrorless camera's because of the prism is non existant. You see what you get in real time. And you don't need a tripod because of long exposures. You won't have to focus first then put the filter on either. It's a pia

Last edited:
Thanks. My only experience with infrared was back in the 70s in college. We shot black and white infrared and did our own developing. Never waded into the color end of the infrared pool.
Wow, that gives me nostalgia! I remember using yellow and red filters to try to duplicate the effects back then. And just once I tried Infrared Ektachrome, but it was probably cheaper to just take the drugs
šŸ˜¹
šŸ„

50831303797_4dcdd1347d_h.jpg

Modestine and Friend by Andrew Priest, on Flickr
Now on the plateau, Cham de lā€™Hermet, with Lā€™Hermet off in the distance below us we met ā€˜Modestineā€™ and her friend, horse.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D9-00: Day 9 of 13 ā€“ Le Pont de Montvert to Florac: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back