Animals The Animal Kingdom: wild or domestic!

DSCF7139.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good Afternoon,

The morning fog moved from the watershed into my woodlands until almost noontime. The deer herd was enjoying breakfast and temps way above freezing, which looks like that is becoming a trend, for all the wrong reasons...

Regards,

Edd

IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

There are multiple ways to eat extra crunchy Jiff peanut butter on a home made buttermilk biscuit.

squirrel food on hand-fini.jpg

There's the basic hand hold

squirrel food on overhand hold-fini.jpg

For heavier biscuits there is the overhand hold.

squirrel food on branch-fini.jpg

If you're tired of running up and down the tree carrying biscuits from the ground there is the branch brace hold.

squirrel food on mouth-fini.jpg

If you live in a forest where the threat of other squirrels stealing your biscuit is high there's the 'stuff the peanut butter in your mouth hold'. This allows you to freely fend off any peanut butter bandits with your claws, as this gray squirrel demonstrates.

There are multiple ways to eat extra crunchy Jiff peanut butter on a home made buttermilk biscuit.

View attachment 367852
There's the basic hand hold

View attachment 367854
For heavier biscuits there is the overhand hold.

View attachment 367855
If you're tired of running up and down the tree carrying biscuits from the ground there is the branch brace hold.

View attachment 367857
If you live in a forest where the threat of other squirrels stealing your biscuit is high there's the 'stuff the peanut butter in your mouth hold'. This allows you to freely fend off any peanut butter bandits with your claws, as this gray squirrel demonstrates.
Will, I just love squirrels. Your photo of them are lovely.

Did you get any of the Gruffalo?
One of my favourite animated films, along with "The Gruffalo's Child".

Will, I just love squirrels. Your photo of them are lovely.

Did you get any of the Gruffalo?
One of my favourite animated films, along with "The Gruffalo's Child".
Thank you. I love catching shots of them, even though they are easy subjects. I had a pet squirrel for about 12 years so I kind of have a soft spot for them.

I haven't been able to catch a shot of a Gruffalo yet. They are fairly shy critters in spite of their menacing appearance.

Back