Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 10

This is a creeper I really wish I did not have. Its been with me for 18 years, left behind by the previous house owners. It had already gotten into the garden and really, apart from having the yard guy pull as much out as he can, theres no controlling the damn thing. It *always* comes back.

494AF8CD-9E81-4E7A-91EB-CB99D7B7484E.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a creeper I really wish I did not have. Its been with me for 18 years, left behind by the previous house owners. It had already gotten into the garden and really, apart from having the yard guy pull as much out as he can, theres no controlling the damn thing. It *always* comes back.

View attachment 218189
One thing I've learned about Australia - there are plants that simply don't ever die.

Took this one in the morning, to ensure I had an easy keeper if I didn't feel in the mood like yesterday and no other shots were taken. As it turns out, I do have some other shots from today, keepers too, but am sticking with this for no other reason than I like this lens. In fact, what I've learned during this challenge is that I prefer the Nikon D lenses to the G lenses. They were made to be shot on film cameras so will inevitably render that way too, which I much prefer to the digitally correct G lenses.

DSC_0988 copy.jpg

Bored again. More tabletop. Not everyone's cup of tea.

A toothpick, of a sort. GEC #12, Northfield. Canister is 4.75" (12cm). I've come to re-appreciate more traditional knife designs after a couple of decades of military style knives. Somehow, the couple of old traditional pocket knives I had growing up disappeared after entering the military and moving multiple times.

One thing about many of the modern traditional pocket knives - I can only get a two- or three-fingered grip, which I find to be less than desirable. I have a few more with nice bone or wood scales I'll likely grab some shots of this month.
original.jpg

My Canon Demi. This is the camera I took for a walk this morning. It's a half-frame camera as the name suggests. I've had a roll of 36 in it for months and I've still not reached 60 on the frame counter! It'll be interesting to see what comes out when I finally get round to having it developed.
CEBF15AD-EEB4-4B8F-91FB-F990660ED1F1.jpeg

I'm going to cheat a little bit today. This was shot last night, but as I had already posted my photo for the day, I will post it now as I doubt I'll get a better shot today. This is another attempt at a recreation of a famous painting, as stylized by my wife. This time it is Spanish Dancer by Pablo Picasso.

49754480453_3febf29e0b_h.jpg

Zulma
by Antonio Ramirez, on Flickr

Cheers,

Antonio

Last edited:
Took this one in the morning, to ensure I had an easy keeper if I didn't feel in the mood like yesterday and no other shots were taken. As it turns out, I do have some other shots from today, keepers too, but am sticking with this for no other reason than I like this lens. In fact, what I've learned during this challenge is that I prefer the Nikon D lenses to the G lenses. They were made to be shot on film cameras so will inevitably render that way too, which I much prefer to the digitally correct G lenses.

View attachment 218193
I really like D series lenses as well. Nicely compact and mostly very high quality. If you don't mind the slight whirring of the camera's AF motor (I don't) they focus even quicker than their G counterparts in many cases. Unfortunately, no AF on Z bodies.

Cheers,

Antonio

I'm going to cheat a little bit today. This was shot last night, but as I had already posted my photo for the day, I will post it now as I doubt I'll get a better shot today. This is another attempt at a recreation of a famous painting, as stylized by my wife. This time it is Spanish Dancer by Pablo Picasso.

View attachment 218218
Zulma by Antonio Ramirez, on Flickr

Cheers,

Antonio

I like this much more than Picasso's painting. Although there's a lot of Picasso's work in the museum in Malaga I've never liked any of his paintings. His line drawings, yes, paintings not at all :)

Back