Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 10

This is the little pond at one end of my road. I haven't seen geese here for the past fifteen years or so, ever since the mum-runners dropping their offspring at the infants school out out on the main road turned my cul de sac into a personal parking lot. One of the unintended consequences of the lockdown is the positive impact on wildlife.
2020_0410_14535200-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of the unintended consequences of the lockdown is the positive impact on wildlife.

I'm not sure I would regard Canada Geese as a positive gain, they are an introduced domineering species that shouldn't be in this country, but I appreciate where you are coming from. The same effects were measurable during the foot and mouth lock down in the countryside some years ago among species that have every right to be here.

Barrie

Time to bring this little ugly beast out of winter hibernation. Yep this is where he wintered. No shelter, under the eve of the house. Pour in some gas, oil the choke cable (or replace it), and fire it up. Yes it needs 3 or 4 minor repairs (and a wash!), but it will pull the cart and some trash to the burn pile, just fine.

SI 10.JPG

Day 10: Infected

“Out of my sight! Thou dost infect mine eyes.”
―(William Shakespeare: Richard III)―

My decapitated rubber zombie Head, who lives atop my bookcase, seems to have gotten infected.

PenF_Day10_MaskedZombie_MBoening#2.jpg

Taken with another of the modified Colour Profiles from the front dial of my Pen F, this particular one was cooked up by the Mike Boening, the Detroit-based urban photographer and 'Olympus Visionary'.

Another, not the easiest with a 112mm. One of 2 that I liked from today. I like the leading line and the sky from this and other will have it's place in the Coronavirus thread. Seems they're building a nice walking bridge from the condos and apartments to the businesses on the other side of the highway.

EM120157.jpg

A little dedication to my Nikon 100mm F2.8E.
Not the sharpest, not the most contrasty and doesn't really have a standout signature but it's been a loyal friend thru at least half a dozen system changes. The lack of the Nikkor build quality is actually a benefit in this mirrorless age.
100e.jpg

Day 10, I feel like a homebound traveler looking for escape so I started rereading my boyhood favorite; Tolkien. That inspired today's image...
View attachment 218344

A seriously atmospheric - moody - mysterious - and quite beautiful iimage. And really nicely (and subtly) processed, too, Don.

Last edited:
Day 10: Infected

“Out of my sight! Thou dost infect mine eyes.”
―(William Shakespeare: Richard III)―

My decapitated rubber zombie Head, who lives atop my bookcase, seems to have gotten infected.

View attachment 218298

Taken with another of the modified Colour Profiles from the front dial of my Pen F, this particular one was cooked up by the Mike Boening, the Detroit-based urban photographer and 'Olympus Visionary'.
I initially just saw the image, not the name of the poster, but....I knew it was one of yours!:D Love it.

Back