Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 10

Another, not the easiest with a 112mm. One of 2 that I liked from today. I like the leading line and the sky from this and other will have it's place in the Coronavirus thread. Seems they're building a nice walking bridge from the condos and apartments to the businesses on the other side of the highway.

View attachment 218328
David, I like the repetition of the wooden verticals to the black, metal ones. And the telephone lines go along the same path as the wood, the black, and the stone. Good eye.

Day 10. How long has this been goin' on? I hope everyone is still doing well and is still well-stocked with ...
10-4100025B.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

David, I like the repetition of the wooden verticals to the black, metal ones. And the telephone lines go along the same path as the wood, the black, and the stone. Good eye.
Thanks. I liked that it seemed REALLY busy on the bottom, but not confusing because of the repetition. And that it's mainly calm above where the lines are leading.

Does it compare to any of the other E series, like the 50mm F1.8E for example?

I think it's a slight notch down from the 50, nearly par with the 75-150 and a notch above the 28 - at least that's how I remember them. Never tried the 35, 36-72 or 70-210.

I picked up a 105 2.5 AI a few years ago and it was easy to see it was better than the 100e in contrast and color but not in sharpness and definitely not in handling. The AIS would be a different story likely.

I think it's a slight notch down from the 50, nearly par with the 75-150 and a notch above the 28 - at least that's how I remember them. Never tried the 35, 36-72 or 70-210.

I picked up a 105 2.5 AI a few years ago and it was easy to see it was better than the 100e in contrast and color but not in sharpness and definitely not in handling. The AIS would be a different story likely.
Thanks John. That 105 2.5 is of course an all time classic I'm a bit embarrassed never to have owned. There's a 105 1.8 which is reputedly also very very good, but looking at eBay prices, the world seems to have cottenned on to that.

Grump. Earlier today I ordered a beautiful old Nippon Kogaku 105 2.5 Sonnar that had been AI'd. Had the old leather case and hood too. My Ebay payment was refunded minutes later - he'd smashed it somehow. :( Now I'm looking for a nice old one again. I don't want perfect sharpness, there's a different ... feel... to the Sonnar than that. Just ask BrianS :cloud-9-039:

Love the style. Technique? Lens, settings?

Thank you! All but day 1 of this challenge have been snapped with the Ricoh GRIII. The settings for this one were ISO 800 1/30 F16 square crop. Hand held in my garden at 2.10 pm so in good light. Ummm post processed with an Instant Polaroid camera app for the border.

Back