Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 11

Wasp's nest. This is a job for professionals, no way I'm dealing with that. But how long will it take to get someone to deal with this in today's climate? Might have to get used to the sight of this for a while. I took some pictures of the same subject with a macro lens yesterday which absolutely smoke this image, but this Nikkor 50mm F1.8 D is what I've chosen for this challenge so the image prodiced from that is what I'm posting. I did wonder whether to post this given it discloses the absolutely filthy state of my window, but...meh.

DSC_1013 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Wasp's nest. This is a job for professionals, no way I'm dealing with that. But how long will it take to get someone to deal with this in today's climate? Might have to get used to the sight of this for a while. I took some pictures of the same subject with a macro lens yesterday which absolutely smoke this image, but this Nikkor 50mm F1.8 D is what I've chosen for this challenge so the image prodiced from that is what I'm posting. I did wonder whether to post this given it discloses the absolutely filthy state of my window, but...meh.

View attachment 218364

What??? You didnt even shoot from outside? LOL. These wasps won’t hurt you unless you annoy them. So try not to :)

Went out to photograph the nasturtium, but the wind is pretty wild today and they simply would not sit still! Instead, an irresistible subject, gigantic mushrooms which have sprouted up in the middle of the grass. I’m trying to find out what variety before I rip them up and throw them in the green bin. This was the smaller patch. The other will be found in Outtakes.

D6279EF8-A813-4224-A659-6D7CF26ECD9A.jpeg

I will cheat again today. I did end up taking another photo last night after I had posted the photo from the day before. So, I have not missed a day of shooting yet, but have posted with a one day delay. In any event, this is my photo for Day 11 (shot on Day 10):

49758977452_38215b2fb3_b.jpg

Zulma
by Antonio Ramirez, on Flickr

This is, again, a photo of my wife Zulma. Just having some fun playing with lights in our makeshift studio (also known as our bedroom).

Cheers,

Antonio

Something a little different because something pretty unexpected has happened over the last couple of weeks: I had never really used my office except as a kind of glorified archive - paper stacks everywhere, and of course the library. Because of that, I did most of my actual work in the living room (the fact that I have a whole stack of laptop computers exacerbated that trend - it was too easy). But in the past four weeks, I gradually converted my office into an efficient and ergonomically satisfactory work space. Even though not quite everything is fully set up (I still need one more adapter - ordered it today), this is the end state. In spite of the reasons for that transformation, I'm pretty pleased with the result, so I thought I'd share ...

GR000517.jpg

Oh, and on a side note, the GR III is really well suited for this kind of documentary shot in confined spaces ...

M.

Last edited:
Back