Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 12

Nothing much going on this Easter Sunday - Just a hungry sword... :doh:

DSC_1194.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not what I thought I would be posting today. But when she heard a noise outside, stood up wide-eyed, and I was able to catch the details in her eye........
Checkout the right eye in the attached crop (actually her left but right side of the image).

EM120189.jpg

Attachments

• EM120189-2.jpg
    EM120189-2.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 238
Day 12. Joyous Easter to all my Christian friends on this forum. Cold, boring day. But the seedlings for the lettuce and radishes have started sprouting, so there is HOPE after all.

We are going to get through this pandemic better than we have gotten through the pandemics of the past. "Fork Coronavirus!!", we shall overcome!

12-4110023.jpg

This is the approach road to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey. This road is normally heaving with hospital and through traffic. This is about twenty minutes walk from home and while taking this picture I realised something.

No sirens.

Normally, while working from home, I hear a dozen or more sirens a day.

Now, I do realise that they are used to get through traffic and at the moment there is none, but on every walk near the hospital I see two or three ambulances silently gliding past, heading in.

500+ Covid fatalities in Surrey, and more every day, many at this hospital. I wonder whether they have also been told to be quiet so as not to unsettle...View attachment 218559

It takes me about 25 minutes to walk to Frimley Park from where I live. I too have noticed that it's gone rather quiet. When I do hear a siren from my house I think it must be really serious ....

Day 12: Feline Dirt Bath

When the weather gets a little warmer, my cat (given name 'Horace', family name 'Walpole') is an unapologetic fan of rolling around in the dirt. There's something about a dirt bath, apparently, which appeals to quadrupeds, as well as to younger human bipeds. Today, being Easter Sunday, was no exception: while others were out and about searching for hidden eggs, or eating chocolate rabbits, or both, Horace only had to travel across a few short meters outside the back door, until he found a spot that suited the endeavor.

Here he is, caught in mid-roll, with an appropriately lunatic non-grin on his feline physiognomy--

PenF_Day12_Easter_Cat#3 (KodakchrMem).jpg

Day 12: Feline Dirt Bath

When the weather gets a little warmer, my cat (given name 'Horace', family name 'Walpole') is an unapologetic fan of rolling around in the dirt. There's something about a dirt bath, apparently, which appeals to quadrupeds, as well as to younger human bipeds.
Chickens dirt bathe so much we made a special area for them. They have their own little dirt spa.

Back