Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 13

I almost forgot. Here’s a teeny selection of what’s cluttering my house.

95C29FBD-E3BA-457A-AEAD-B874C48727B9.jpeg

Took an alternative walking route to the shops today. On the way, one of the roads had a council "clean up" going on whereby households dump their unwanted stuff outside their houses, half of which is removed by the council, the other half inspected and taken away by others wanting it. I'll put to one side whether this should actually be going on and instead focus on one item that got me thinking what it would be like if I had one of those.

DSC_1038 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Overnight outdoor macro photography has just become a whole lot more challenging. The wind has risen from being almost flat calm to gusty conditions reaching gale force at times, gusts near the English Channel coast where I am potentially reaching 50 mph. So I had to find something solid, and what better than a tractor, or at least the implement hanging off the back of the tractor.

200413-1090022.jpg

Three point linkage

This is the suspension point supporting the log splitter featured on day 12. However shortly after I took the picture for day 12 a hydraulic hose split (it's the one hanging down towards the container of hydraulic fluid) showering Graham in hydraulic fluid and calling a halt to proceedings, much as the wind has halted me in my quest to show spring flowers and the like :oops: Disappointment all round.

Barrie

Last edited:
Today there's a very cold wind. I did some gardening for a while and took Little B out to the woods late afternoon. I decided to wait until the light became more mellow before trying to get the daily shot! This shows off
L1003596-Edit.jpg
my dirty windows nicely ....... a reminder to clean them! At any rate with lockdown in place there's always tomorrow .... FaceTime seems to be a bit of a lifesaver. Contact with other people.

Back