Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 15

Another small knife for the small knife people. New ESEE Xancudo, small fixed-blade patterned after their Zancudo folder. I'm replacing older heavier gear with smaller lighter stuff.

Not a big fan of the scale colors, but they are grippy without being rough and fit my hand well. Also not a fan of the sheath. At some point I'll get a leather sheath and hopefully someone will be putting out some replacement scales.

View attachment 218984

Alternative image with an older Swiss Army Camper and new Trekker for size comparison is in the outtakes and alternatives thread.
I love it (again), but I=my eye want just a bit more space around the subject. Particularly where the blade is pointing. Such lovely work, my eyes should have some room to savor it.
And those gaps in the wood..... disrupt the simple elegance of your fine work (IMHO).

In my living room:

full

Cheers,

Antonio
Simply exquisite!! Thank you.

Oh THAT was just the formal posturing response he HAS to give in case someone is listening. Deep down, he harbors a great admiration :) :)
I like the picture. I just grew up 50 miles south of Boston and “Yankees” was a cuss word. Oddly, I now live in Virginia where it is still a cuss word. Go figure.

Last edited:
I love it (again), but I=my eye want just a bit more space around the subject. Particularly where the blade is pointing. Such lovely work, my eyes should have some room to savor it.
And those gaps in the wood..... disrupt the simple elegance of your fine work (IMHO).

Thanks, and thanks for the input. Not much I can do about that background, but I can use a different material next time.

My wife and I were feeling snack-y last night and heated up some leftover chili con queso to enjoy with some tortilla chips. Our crazy old cat Oscar has really turned into a beggar for human food lately. We scold him vigorously when he gets on the countertops, so he has taken to sitting on a stool right next to the countertop. He really wanted some of that cheese sauce.

There is a bright overhead light that really illuminated the countertop and cast his face into deep shadow (and I was just using my cel phone camera). I tried a couple of different modules from the Nik collection. I thought I'd go with something from the Silver Efex collection, but the cheese just looks putrid in black and white. I kind of like this one done with the some vintage camera effects. But I think there's a better edited photo in here somewhere. Maybe I'll share the original and issue a processing challenge to see what you all can do with the photo I call "El Gato con Queso"
IMG_20200415_202548.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Back