Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 18

Day 18: old farm truck

Most of my days are stay-at-home days, divided between meals, working (writing) in my writing office, going for short works, and trying to emulate the French novelist Honoré de Balzac who, reputedly, fueled his staggering novelistic output over the years by drinking up to fifty (yes, that's 50) small cups of coffee on a daily basis. I'm nowhere close to following in his (Honoré's) footsteps, but needs be one must take one's inspiration from where one can find it.

But today I had to drive in to the organic food Co-Op-slash-supermarket, in the neighboring city of Ashland, and as often happens, I took the back route. The road goes by a few local farms, one of whom has a way of advertising its presence (and business) that i always appreciate: painting it on the side of an ancient (and long since non-operational) 50's vintage Dodge flatbed truck.

So I stopped and took this picture--

PenF_Day18_FlyingHeartDodge(SilverEfexFAp).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's a monochrome jpeg from the Pen F's baked-in standard Profile selection ('Mono 2') which I lightly tweaked in Silver Efex.

During my time watching the feeder, I saw no birds again today. Messed around with tabletop again. Tried for a dark, slightly mysterious tone. The jpg artifacts I see in the posts online don't show in the original jpg on my computer - additional data loss each time the image is hosted I guess. Also looks as if pbase tried to brighten the image, the one on my computer has deeper blacks.

edit - deleted the pbase image and tried a direct upload. Still wrong.
_DSC0937_DxO-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Back