Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 19

Name
Matt
(Apologies, this time I'm *really* late ...)

As promised, I reuse Ad's wonderful image from day 17; especially since I found out that my own, incredably crappy 135mm f/3.5 Xenar (a bellows lens for my Pentacon Six TL that someone loved so much they "cleaned" off good part of the coating; it's also full of dust) only had 18 blades :rolleyes:

AdsLens.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Ad! Memories are a powerful asset (y)

M.

Last edited:
200419-1090146.jpg

Ramsons

I'd really like to be able to claim that I saw the little orange midge on the right hand bloom before I took this photograph, but that would be untrue. I only saw it once I had the image open on the computer. However I think its presence adds to the photograph. Taken early this morning, so it might well have spent the night there.

Barrie

Lovely picture. I love the details, especially the pollen on the petals.

Thanks, Steve, for your kind remarks.
When I looked at the photos on my iMac I was again amazed at how well this lens performs (in all fields from landscape to portrait and close-up shots). And you can play with DOF by just going from 12 to 40 and adapting the distance to the blossom. With this combination only little PP is needed (if any).

Short of "inspo" today....so here's another old film camera. An Agfa Silette LK Sensor. It cost me the princely sum of £5, as did the "BLIK" rangefinder.
It's a fiendishly sharp lens and it has very usable handling with both shutter speed and aperture controllable, with a swinging needle meter in the viewfinder.
DSCF2674.JPG

Back