Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 2

Thanks ya dear Matt :). Its not just past but it was very early in the morning, with the sun just coming up and the street lights still on. The colours reflected in the clouds were wonderful, I did not even have to add saturation or other edits. I’ll have some for outtakes today :)

2AD25ACC-CCAE-4D98-B7E0-4319CEF425DC.jpeg

Already day 2 and I've done a safety shot, this one taken at 12.05am after which I went straight to bed. I did take other shots during the day, but I'm still posting this as it shows part of my life in current times - freshly made chicken soup or otherwise often referred to as Jewish Penicillin, about to to go in the freezer ahead of the hard times to be faced. You won't get the virus having this trust me :LOL: Chicken soup can easily be boring but not mine! You need to roast the bones, get the mirepoix going, add the fennel, work the roux (with cream of course), add the thyme, bay leaf and parsley, put in pearl barley and noodles, all swimming in chicken stock. I think I might make it through this crisis after all.
DSC_0863 cam.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Already day 2 and I've done a safety shot, this one taken at 12.05am after which I went straight to bed. I did take other shots during the day, but I'm still posting this as it shows part of my life in current times - freshly made chicken soup or otherwise often referred to as Jewish Penicillin, about to to go in the freezer ahead of the hard times to be faced. You won't get the virus having this trust me :LOL: Chicken soup can easily be boring but not mine! You need to roast the bones, get the mirepoix going, add the fennel, work the roux (with cream of course), add the thyme, bay leaf and parsley, put in pearl barley and noodles, all swimming in chicken stock. I think I might make it through this crisis after all.
View attachment 217007
That's cheating, you know the "likes" are for the chicken soup right?

My first attempt at converting a cheap eBay cigar box into a ukulele recently did not go so well. I was trying to cut an offset sound hole with a tool called a flycutter, and they can be quite unforgiving. I did not have the box adequately clamped to the drill press table, and the cutter grabbed it and forcefully flung it across the room (thankfully away from me), leaving a ragged hole where there was supposed to be a neat round circle. I keep the box top in my shop as a reminder of how quickly things can go wrong with power tools, even one as seemingly benign as a drill press.

Day 2.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back