Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 2

Back to school work after our boxing training.

T2B15585-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 2: crouching wooden Lizard

A very clear Spring morning here in southern Oregon. In spite of the bright sunlight it is deceptively cold. There is an old handmade wooden table behind the house, on which is currently sitting a present from a friend: a realistic-looking sculpture of a lizard which was sculpted into a piece of castoff wood which almost has the texture of an old bone, reminiscent of the 19th century scrimshaw carvings on whalebone or ivory.

This is the sculpture. The harsh sunlight seems to make everything way more contrasty than it might have appeared, otherwise. Taken with one of the monochrome jpeg 'profiles' on my Pen F, and lightly tweaked in Silver Efex.

PenF_Day_2_Lizard_sculpture_SilverEfexPushAcros.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2: crouching wooden Lizard

A very clear Spring morning here in southern Oregon. In spite of the bright sunlight it is deceptively cold. There is an old handmade wooden table behind the house, on which is currently sitting a present from a friend: a realistic-looking sculpture of a lizard which was sculpted into a piece of castoff wood which almost has the texture of an old bone, reminiscent of the 19th century scrimshaw carvings on whalebone or ivory.

This is the sculpture. The harsh sunlight seems to make everything way more contrasty than it might have appeared, otherwise. Taken with one of the monochrome jpeg 'profiles' on my Pen F, and lightly tweaked in Silver Efex.

View attachment 217118
I really like how the lizard blends in with the wood. In B&W, anyway
Edit: I just realized it’s a carving. :doh:

Last edited:
Already day 2 and I've done a safety shot, this one taken at 12.05am after which I went straight to bed. I did take other shots during the day, but I'm still posting this as it shows part of my life in current times - freshly made chicken soup or otherwise often referred to as Jewish Penicillin, about to to go in the freezer ahead of the hard times to be faced. You won't get the virus having this trust me :LOL: Chicken soup can easily be boring but not mine! You need to roast the bones, get the mirepoix going, add the fennel, work the roux (with cream of course), add the thyme, bay leaf and parsley, put in pearl barley and noodles, all swimming in chicken stock. I think I might make it through this crisis after all.
View attachment 217007
That’s a much more gourmet chicken penicillin soup than what we make in our house. Enjoy!

Already day 2 and I've done a safety shot, this one taken at 12.05am after which I went straight to bed. I did take other shots during the day, but I'm still posting this as it shows part of my life in current times - freshly made chicken soup or otherwise often referred to as Jewish Penicillin, about to to go in the freezer ahead of the hard times to be faced. You won't get the virus having this trust me :LOL: Chicken soup can easily be boring but not mine! You need to roast the bones, get the mirepoix going, add the fennel, work the roux (with cream of course), add the thyme, bay leaf and parsley, put in pearl barley and noodles, all swimming in chicken stock. I think I might make it through this crisis after all.
View attachment 217007
Sounds fantastic. Mine is boring (but I know how to make it). Would love to get your recipe. Definitely sounds like something the GF would appreciate.

Day 2 of April. Feels like Day 600 of Stay-at-Home. I can feel a mad break out building. So today also was too cold to do much in the garden. Got some soil amended and moved, but then realized I was cold and getting even a little sick would be a BAD idea. SO came inside and made soup and fresh bread. Silly product shot just to occupy time waiting for the bread. Soup is excellent, bread is about to finish.

Not even a good product shot. Geez! How lazy!
P4020171.jpg

Sincere apologies. I blame it on the cold. I came back here from Mexico's Pacific Riviera. I thought I had avoided the remnant of winter. Better warm up tomorrow, I have gardening to do. Maybe I'll plant and turn it over to someone to harvest while I return to be beach. Happy thought to get me through Day 601. :)

I was doing my morning work and watching my eBay auctions about to end and I looked back to my friend Charlie who was really enjoying his morning sun bathing. I underexposed to mitigate the busy background and did some final tweaking in Silver Efex2 (after I finally found it on my computer).View attachment 217026

Pup looks comfy. :D

@Luke

Are you planning on doing some photos with the audio gear in the background? Curious gearheads (me) are curious.

Back