Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 21

Where I spend my evenings. Its a corner of my RV. We have a full house (9 and I'm the only male!), so I elected to move my bed out here for the duration. My daughter and her daughters are house hunting. So, my shaky old laptop and I keep each other company.

P4210002.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After another day of working backup files and unsuccessfully attempting to catch a bird or two at the feeder or in the tree, I decided to change things up. Will still take a bird shot if one presents, otherwise I will try to get out and use the X-H1 + Voigtlander 50/3.5 Heliar combo for the remaining 10 days.

original.jpg

Day 21: afternoon sky in Oregon

One of the frustrations of tiny micro four thirds lenses is that many (if not most?) are focus-by-wire - which makes it somewhere between difficult - tricky - and damn near impossible to focus (either on AF or manually) on extremely distant subjects....like clouds. I took this picture with AF and the Pen F couldn't quite make up its mind where or what to focus on. Kind of makes one nostalgic for the good ole' days of analog, and lenses with precise focusing and depth-of-field scales engraved on the barrels.
Miguel, I know this not really the thread for this, but I couldn’t agree more about focus by wire. It is why I have had a love/hate relationship with m43 and Fuji. One way around it is to buy some of the inexpensive adapters and use manual focus lenses. I have the Nikon and Leica adapters. Then there is still an issue with no optical viewfinder...

Back