Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 21

DAY 21 - Weather was moody today, hesitating several times between the sun and the rain. I voted for the brighter option. Fuji XE2 and Jupiter-8, a vintage 50mm f2 lens.
PICTOGRAMAX - 2020 - APRIL CAMERADERIE - 21 - SOLIS.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The neighbour’s Acer peeps over the fence. Against the deep blue sky (what remarkable weather we’re having!) it looks quite striking. Velvia used for this one.
View attachment 219890
Nicely done. Usually I don't like the top of a tree against a sky...find it hard to have it framed properly. Somehow this works. All the sky and the tree a tad off center seems to do it. Colors help. :)

Almost gave up today ..... a quick walk in the garden in between getting the supper on produced some acceptable images ...... I think :)

View attachment 219942

My wonky bird feeder full of blossom petals .....

As quite a few worthy and more thoughtful photographic philosophers have often commented -
"it's all about the light"
- and the light in this photograph is truly lovely.
Actually, I could turn that into more of a generalization: the light in so many of your photographs, Christie, is .... very special. And it would be too easy to attribute it simply to a fine lens or particular camera - it speaks to the photographer's eye as well.
I'm glad you took that quick walk in the garden between getting supper ready (a process which, in my own life, can all too easily blot out anything else) ... I hope the meal that was produced was as satisfying as this image.

My trusty Nad receiver which I used for a pre amp/processor for starting having issues with the hdmi output. So I grabbed this off of Amazon to get by till I can get something up to my audio snobbish level. Although Yamaha does have really good processors even in their lower line of receivers.

T2B16396-L.jpg

Day 21. A good day of gardening until Ms. Bossy Pants (God) drove us inside to get the seedlings out of the approaching storm (which She has since withdrawn, typical.)
It was early evening before I remembered this thread and my sacred sworn duty to maybe perhaps try a little bit to take a photo of something. Then I remembered the challenge of shooting something with the Laowa and set off about the house looking for a fresh perspective that I could try with an ultrawide lens. So, I ended up with this common household item and a couple of close-up perspective variations in the Outtakes.

Cool! I had to work to get these with the manual-focus ultrawide. Pushing my limits a little.
21-4210035.jpg

Day 21: afternoon sky in Oregon

I was outside the house, looking for birds with my binoculars. There have recently been one or two red-shouldered hawks in the vicinity, splendid raptors whose variegated plumage is amazing to me, on the occasions I'm lucky enough to see it. So I was already looking up towards the skies - when I noticed this subtle cloud formation which seemed to suddenly show up out of nowhere.

The top of a tiny old greenhouse seemed like just the right thing to fill up part of the frame.

PenF_Day21_Garden-Greenhouse+Clouds.jpg

One of the frustrations of tiny micro four thirds lenses is that many (if not most?) are focus-by-wire - which makes it somewhere between difficult - tricky - and damn near impossible to focus (either on AF or manually) on extremely distant subjects....like clouds. I took this picture with AF and the Pen F couldn't quite make up its mind where or what to focus on. Kind of makes one nostalgic for the good ole' days of analog, and lenses with precise focusing and depth-of-field scales engraved on the barrels.

Back