Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 22

Name
Matt
Fun trivia: In German, we call any number consisting of the same digits a "Schnapszahl" - a "liquor number", meaning that on encountering one, you have to raise your glass and drink to everyone's health.* What better time to do that! And since we missed 11, better make that two rounds ...

M.

*Actually, it's a bit more complicated and a lot less healthy than that; the version I'm familiar with is as follows: When students' societies had their weekly drinking rituals call "Stamm", you had to "seal" every glass you drank, regardless of size, with a stiff one. And every "Schnapszahl" of rounds meant an additional round of spirits ... Very dangerous indeed - especially because if you failed to comply when ordered to drink up, you had to down a double ... I'm glad I only know all this from stories some of my relatives used to tell ...

DSC_1273.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 22: midnight Dictionary definition

There is an immense dictionary in my house, on a reading stand, it is usually opened to whatever page has a definition that someone was looking up. I stayed up late last night and today - April 22 - very early in the morning, I started looking through the dictionary....why not? And lo and behold, guess what I found?

PenF_Day22_Midnight_Dictionary.jpg

Photographer: a person who takes photographs
😶 📷

My grand daughter's first wood working project, at the finishing stage (first coat). The box joints were hand cut. Still need to add hinges, after finish is complete.
Did I mention that she's 17', and I'm proud of her, and my other 8 grand daughters, as well as my 5 grand sons, and 5 great grand children!
The bottom is 1/4" ply wood, the sides are 1/2" scrap Pine, and the Top is 1/2" Oak pallet wood. We recycle as much wood as possible.

P4220003.JPG
P4220005.JPG

Back