Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 24

D75_3625.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

The necks have been permanently attached to the ukulele boxes. Next is finish sanding, followed by applying the finish coats and attaching the bridges. This is the part of a build where the scattered bits have come together to form a tangible instrument.

View attachment 220303
Very cool. I love unique stringed instruments, especially ukuleles. I have several older ukuleles that are good players, some just wall decorations, as well as several daily players. My favorite one is my Ceniza long neck tenor that was hand built just a couple of miles from where I live. I would love to hear how your ukes sound. Beautiful work.

Very cool. I love unique stringed instruments, especially ukuleles. I have several older ukuleles that are good players, some just wall decorations, as well as several daily players. My favorite one is my Ceniza long neck tenor that was hand built just a couple of miles from where I live. I would love to hear how your ukes sound. Beautiful work.
Thanks Greg. A long neck tenor is a project I have planned for the future.

Day 24: drizzling outside in the garden

After a day or two of clouds and threatening-rain-but-not-quite-getting-there, this morning it finally started drizzling. Long overdue for southern Oregon which is suffering from a long-term drought. I stepped outside with my camera but the drizzle kept me close to the house. In the garden, little green shoots of different vegetables and plants are starting to come up, but with the drizzle, they don't need watering - so the metal watering can was sitting unused atop the equally ancient old picnic-style table. It (the can, not the table) looked a little forlorn.

So I took its picture.

PenF_Day24_Watering_can.jpg

With one of the tweaked jpeg Colour Profiles from the Pen F's Leica-design-inspired front dial.

Rainy day outside, so looked in the house for inspiration. First I tried the gas boiler in the basement, but nothing worthy came of it. Instead, I present to you Stromanthe Triostar. A beautiful tri-color plant, but damned hard to grow properly. The leaves keep getting shorter and shorter as I cut off the curling ends bit by bit. What I love most about it is the way the light shines through the leaves and glows magenta. Also, at night the leaves fold up and reach for the sky (or the ceiling), then in the daytime once the light comes, they unfold.

MBond_200424_9877.jpg

Back