Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 25

D75_3648.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

L1004043-Edit.jpg

Cottage. Took some papers to a business today and then decided to take a short drive. This tiny cottage is at the entrance to Waverley Abbey (I've probably posted pics from here before). This cottage I have also photographed a couple of years ago. Today it looks transformed. Someone has done a lovely renovation. Glad they left the tree :).

Is there any special meaning behind this kind of embellishment?
I honestly don't know; I found it quite peculiar - no obvious purpose, very strange spot, and the pole itself looked as derelict as the parking lot the narrow path leads to ... everything seems in bad repair and abandoned (there's a former nursing home behind the hedge on the right). Nevertheless, quite a lot of work and care went into this ...

M.

There used to be a very unsightly elevated highway that ran through our downtown, cutting off tourists and workers from our waterfront. After great expense and many years of disruption, the highway is underground, and the Rose Kennedy Greenway is in its place. These two images are my favorites from a walk we took there this afternoon. The black and white is of the reflections in our Federal Reserve Building, and the other, my favorite, is of a giant mural by Stefan Thelen. From the artist statement: "In his monumental mural for The Greenway, Super A questions the social, political, and emotional systems that confine our freedom. He illustrates the urgent necessity of breaking free from those confines, like the Barn Swallows pictured."

MBond_200425_9957.jpg

MBond_200425_9959.jpg

Somewhat random, but I really quite like the song (and the guy's music in general); surprisingly authentic and well done.

M.

Warning: the following is a shoutout for @MoonMind:

I just have to go on record, Matt, and say that, apart from all the organizational (and creative) work you have put into making the April 2020 Challenge work smoothly and organically .... your opening images and comments, for each day, have almost become the highlight of my days in this lonnnnng (because of the Corona virus, the lockdowns, the social and economic changes and stresses) month. I find myself really looking forwards to seeing....with what image or what words (or occasionally, like today, what sounds) Matt has in store for us, for each new days.

So you get my respect - my admiration - and as people like to say, my serious props for turning what was already a cool process - into a really fun one as well. I don't (alas) speak German, but muchísimas gracias - mille mercis - and thanks, dude!

There is an expression in the English language which today is almost universally associated with the phenomenon of falling in love with something, or someone - "head over heels" - it (the expression) dates back to the 14th century and was (I believe) originally used to convey a sense of normality being reversed in a (or some) surprising way (or ways). Well.......this insanely funny and brilliant photograph....really merits that expression 👏👏👏 Bravo, @Briar!

Day 25: neighborhood graffiti

A pleasant spring day with clouds starting to mass in the sky overhead, threatening - or promising - rain showers, later in the day. I went for a walk around the neighborhood - and saw this message, chalked by the (presumably younger but one never really knows, does one?) inhabitants of this house, in the small Oregon town where I like.

PenF_Day25_Sidewalk_Graffiti.jpg

A good message for the complex times we are all traversing.

Back