Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 26

More available light, SOOC ACROS + G resized for web, X-H1 + Voigtlander 50/3.5 Heliar. Favorite water bottle, wearing out, can't be replaced anymore. Not sure the alternative might be better for this thread.

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 26: fish department at the supermarket

A slow day on this Oregon Sunday, with writing in the morning and, in the afternoon, a trip to a local supermarket to buy groceries. In the meat and fish departments of most stores, different cuts of meat or steaks or whatever are displayed; but one never sees an entire cow, or a whole pig or even an entire chicken, with its head still on, lying in the display cases. But fish....are another story. Something almost primeval about how the whole animal is displayed. This trout was "farm-raised" and seemed to be looking at me. A friend of mine once commented, talking about certain things or people she wished she hadn't seen, that, 'once you've seen it, you can't un-see it'. I feel the same way about this fish.

PenF_Day26_Farm_raised_Trout(EK).jpg

Taken with the Mono 2 Profile of the Pen F and lightly tweaked in PP.

Sneaking in here under the wire... well, it's 21:33 where I'm at. Looking inside a closed diner here in town, they have been shut since the governor's order I think. Some businesses chose not to adapt, but simply to wait things out (I hope they're able to come back). The place settings seem anticipatory also.

P1000676 (2).JPG

Day 26, unearthed and stacked old sleeping masonry
View attachment 220767

I don't know what it is, Don - the Monochrom sensor? the lens you were using? or maybe it just as simple as what the prevailing light conditions were, and how you saw them, and framed and exposed this shot but....damn, what a great image.
People talk about painting with light all the time, but this photograph embodies it.
It's really nice.

Back