Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 26

I went out with the dog last night and it was close enough to midnight to take a picture for today. 🤫 It was rainy and the single flood light made interesting lighting. My wife works from this bench planting flowers and you can even see her little "dirt cup" underneath. These plants are not in the ground yet because we were getting the occasional freeze/frost warning early last week.

bench.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What are those wooden things for? I tried to figure it out but I'm stumped.
Flood debris catchers ... You can still see a pretty big branch that was stopped by them a couple of weeks ago. This river may not look like much, but it caused major flooding and destruction in 2005; they have completely overhauled flood protection in the last couple of years because of that.

M.

Flood debris catchers ... You can still see a pretty big branch that was stopped by them a couple of weeks ago. This river may not look like much, but it caused major flooding and destruction in 2005; they have completely overhauled flood protection in the last couple of years because of that.

M.
You can tell by that picture that this thing floods much higher at times. I'd just never seen those before.

Back