Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 28

As I wasn't too keen on getting wet today I'll put in this one from yesterday.
P1024763.1.JPG

Reached a new low today and decided to picture my book case here. You'll see a PREICA camera there, originally a Praktica B200 but aptly renamed and re-engineered by my late father to accommodate a Leica Summicron-R 2/50. Even the automatic diaphragm works!

View attachment 220973

My first SLR was a Practica Super TL ... nice memories coming up.
Your bookshelf offers enough excellent reading for several months of Corona shutdown ;)

As much as I try to shoot larger, wider scenes, I'm always drawn to these smaller still life vignettes. It's as if I hear them calling out to me saying "look at me, look at me!".

It's funny, I usually have the opposite problem. Beautiful image there but I'd find myself having to pull way back and seeing the tree in it's context. One of the greatest things about this art is that literally no one sees things the same way and we end up blessed with all those differing views instead.

Day 28: growth in the greenhouse

Another almost unseasonably warm Spring day in southern Oregon. Outside, birds are in abundance, and pollinators - honey bees, carpenter bees and bumble bees - are everywhere. Inside the small greenhouse, the tiny baby tomato plants - which a few weeks ago were close to invisible specks of green - are now taking on form and substance. And there's something about the way light works, or travels, or doesn't, inside a greenhouse which...I like a lot.

These particular young tomato plants are of the San Marzano gigante variety....but as you can see, they are nowhere near the gigante-ism which hopefully they will attain, one day.

PenF_Day28_SM_baby_tomato_plants.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The color profile jpeg setting, on my Pen F, is thanks to the R. Cleveland Aaron, who developed it for his Olympus Pen F some years ago.

Last edited:
Back