Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 29

DAY 29 - Almost there. Fuji XE2 and Jupiter-8, a vintage 50mm f2 lens.
PICTOGRAMAX - 2020 - APRIL CAMERADERIE - 29 - ITINER.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We may not be able to go anywhere, but we can read about the rest of the world.
View attachment 221127
You have not read "Joseph Andrews" by Henry Fielding by the way?
This is a short summary of what Parson Adams tells the retired captain, who ´s been all over the world.
The book was written about two hundred years ago - what a coincidence to what we come back to in our situation.

Very very nice. The handling of the distant fog is something I aspire to.

In the meantime, here's day 29. Perhaps going up to an orange rather than a yellow on the filter? A physical ND filter might have been useful too but that's a different issue.

DSC_1287.jpg

In the meantime, here's day 29. Perhaps going up to an orange rather than a yellow on the filter? A physical ND filter might have been useful too but that's a different issue.

View attachment 221161
William, I like the composition but the end result is a little "high key", thus the white water is burnt out and there are no real black tones. That might be down to a degree of over exposure. If it's a raw file image it might be possible to recover some highlight detail and even if it's a jpeg original I'd be tempted to adjust the gamma slider (the middle slider on the levels control) to get some darker tones in the image and live with the burnt out areas. In my opinion that would improve the image. Something even better might be obtained by using curves to adjust the tones and contrast in the image.

Barrie

William, I like the composition but the end result is a little "high key", thus the white water is burnt out and there are no real black tones. That might be down to a degree of over exposure. If it's a raw file image it might be possible to recover some highlight detail and even if it's a jpeg original I'd be tempted to adjust the gamma slider (the middle slider on the levels control) to get some darker tones in the image and live with the burnt out areas. In my opinion that would improve the image. Something even better might be obtained by using curves to adjust the tones and contrast in the image.

Barrie

Hmm.. ponder ponder. < Pulls up Photoshop and putters for a bit >

Perhaps this is a bit closer? Basically tried to pull everything a little to the left on the histogram.
DSC_1287a.jpg

Don't have the time right now but what it really need is a bit of dodging on the upper bits by the top of the foreground trees and the foot bridge as it was a very sunny moment and the exposure is a bit much up there. I'll have to putter some more tomorrow. Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts!

Back