Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 30

One shooting challenge comes to a close. While another one picks up in pace.
T2B16444-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 30.
Thanks for this thread, everyone. Today I am posting an image from my phone, like a thoroughly modern photographer - or a kid. Edited in the Samsung Gallery software. Kind of cool. Camera to phone to forum. I can see the appeal.
2020-04-30 14.52.18.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Obviously, I did not make it outside. But, in my defense, I did put pants on, like an adult. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks to all who made this month so enjoyable and inspirational. Some great imagery here.

I am just thankful I staggered through to the grim end. And that I made it through another Thursday with a Vogon poet clearing way for an Interstellar Bypass. Life's little blessings. And that I was able to get the garden caught up, cleared, prepped and planted. And that I made a bunch of quite tasty bread. And that I listened to the Muse that visited me. And that I was inspired by so many of your images. Lots of blessings.

Oh, and thankful that I know where my towel is. ;)

I will close my participation in this challenge with another recreation of a famous art work featuring my wife. This time, it's a sculpture by Alex Katz named "Chance." The sculpture consists of painted aluminum figures with the appearance of cardboard cutouts. This is our version:

full

And this is the original:

full

It has been fun participating in this challenge, and it certainly made the quarantine less burdensome. Very fine work by all who participated. Thank you Matt for putting (and keeping) it together.

Cheers,

Antonio

Now that’s industrial!
Funnily enough, it actually isn't, as improbable as it might seem :) I initially thought exactly the same thing because this steel works usually releases quite a bit of steam - but it's a cloud, lit most peculiarily by the setting sun ... I loved having been mistaken myself when I looked at the images more closely on my screen. But the cloud is too far away to come from the chimney ... and the point it seems to originate from is a tank ... talk about optical illusion ...

M.

Funnily enough, it actually isn't, as improbable as it might seem :) I initially thought exactly the same thing because this steel works usually releases quite a bit of steam - but it's a cloud, lit most peculiarily by the setting sun ... I loved having been mistaken myself when I looked at the images more closely on my screen. But the cloud is too far away to come from the chimney ... and the point it seems to originate from is a tank ... talk about optical illusion ...

M.
Oh I knew it wasn’t a factory and that it was clouds not smoke - but I still liked the overall effect/ result.

Back