Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 4

R0004865_instant2.jpg

Day 4 of April. Day ???^2 of isolation. I jumped bail today, walked to Walmart and back for a little exercise (just a couple of miles). Actually came back with a healthy fresh veggie tray (Cukes, tomatoes, onion, sliced and garnished with onion, salt, pepper, and lime).
On the way back, I saw this and thought "There's my image for today." I also found a couple of good outtakes. Decisions, decisions.

This discarded sign says it all...
04-4040009.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can't imagine the frustration of trying to panhandle during this time; and Colorado Springs has more traffic than most places I've seen. This sign seems the epitome of restraint, given the circumstances. A beautifully done sign, and nary a soul to show it to!

Last edited:
Day 4: Garden Gnome

Here in southern Oregon it is another bright, sunny day - but when one goes outside, you realize it's actually rather cold, with a biting wind that makes one even colder. The kind of weather that makes a person want to stay inside, with a log or two in the fireplace or woodstove, a mug of something delicious and steaming, a warm flannel bathrobe, and a well-worn copy of an old Agatha Christie murder mystery filled with inventive mayhem.

But, being foolish, I ventured outside. And missed the first photo opportunities which presented themselves but were too fast-moving by the time I had my Pen F up - a brightly-colored boxelder beetle who scuttled to a safe hiding place, and a wandering family of deer, down from the hills, who leaped the neighbor's fence and disappeared in a trice.

Which left me looking for a more slow-moving subject....I found him, sitting in the same pose he always seems to adopt in the daytime....though I wonder what he does after sundown?

PenF_Day4_GardenGnome_VSCOPortra400-2.jpg

Taken with one of the Color Profiles from the front dial of my Pen F, which I copied from the English photographer and Olympus ambassador or whatever the term is, R. Cleveland Aaron, who is one of a small number of Olympians (that can't be right?) who seems to enjoy playing around with his Pen F.

Haven't been able to catch hummingbirds at the feeder yet. Woodpecker is back, and this time the female of the pair joined him on the feeder. Male on the front (with the over-saturated red cap), female is on the backside of the feeder.
original.jpg

Back