Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 5

DSC02939.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wide awake, it's day 5, nothing on the teevee, so I monkeyed around with some tabletop shots. One of my traditional pocket knives I use mostly for slicing fruit. For those interested, it's a Case Mini Copperlock with chrome vanadium blade and jigged dark red bone scales. The patina on the blade is still developing, changes a bit each time I use it and wipe it down.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The rosette from Day 4's image has been glued in place and scraped/sanded flush. I applied a light coat of shellac to give an idea of its appearance once the guitar is finished.

View attachment 217516
I have several luthier built instruments where the rosette is not even close to being this perfect. Beautifully done and very tasteful.

Cheers,

Antonio

Wide awake, it's day 5, nothing on the teevee, so I monkeyed around with some tabletop shots. One of my traditional pocket knives I use mostly for slicing fruit. For those interested, it's a Case Mini Copperlock with chrome vanadium blade and jigged dark red bone scales. The patina on the blade is still developing, changes a bit each time I use it and wipe it down.
View attachment 217506

Very nice. The patina is looking good.
Looking forward to seeing what else may be in the collection.

Back