Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 5

Exception to my own limitations, color. And it's time to change the lens after the fifth... This photo wouldn't be possible anymore after few weeks. Until autumn, of course

2020 April Day 5 830 NIKON Df 35.0 mm f-2.0.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The more I see of this lens-camera combination - the Olympus 60mm macro + the GX8 - the more I like it. I know the GX8's many stellar qualities (I have one myself) - but apart from the many obligatory close macro shots of insect life, I haven't seen all that many photos with the Olympus macro that I really, really liked. But now, looking at this photograph, I'm rethinking all that. Nicely seen - and beautifully 'realized'.

Day 5: Parking lot in the glass factory

The bright sun of the last few days in southern Oregon disappeared today, replaced by clouds, wind, and intermittent rain. The tall branches of nearby trees, normally a preferred stopping or resting place for scores of different avian species, were largely empty and waving in the wind. Nonetheless I set out for a short walk and stopped in the large parking lot of a nearby factory (where I live, on the outskirts of a tiny former farming town, is a mix of houses, farms, marijuana fields, apartment buildings and one factory) which makes custom glass windows in a variety of forms. Today being Sunday, it was closed and quiet, and the rows of white trucks - normally used for transportation of the finished glass products, sat motionless, like silent sentinels.

Then I saw this small sign, on the rear of all the large trucks - except this one for some unfathomable reason, was not lying flat. So up came the camera - and click! I had my Day 5 photo.

PenF_Day5_Dri(ve)Saf(ely)SilverEfex.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot with one of the Pen F's jpeg recipes - the Monochrome II profile from the front dial - and lightly tweaked in Silver Efex. I have to say, as a side-note, after years and seemingly centuries of only shooting RAW with most of my digital cameras, it's actually fun to have a camera which lends itself not only to jpeg-OOC shooting, but also to playing around with the in-camera 'recipes'.

Back