Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - day 7

The first blossom on my cherry tree
IMG_4567_edited.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A time-consuming inside project. Have inherited (one way or another) a large amount of family photos. Since I'm the most computer literate and do more with post processing... I'm the keeper of the images and the project to get as many archived on digital as possible.

I've previously scanned most of my personal printed photos. I've recently finished one slide briefcase.

I still have another slide briefcase, an archival case filled with slides and negatives, another archival case filled with prints, 5 plastic storage tubs filled with slides, negatives and prints, three cardboard boxes filled with negatives and prints, and 14 photo albums filled with prints.

Nikon Z6 + 50/1.8S, DXO Kodachrome 64 film sim.
original.jpg

Yes, absolutely. Stay sage, especially if you are an onion going through a bad spell...View attachment 217870
Lovely photo, Bill.
And of course it makes a person wonder: can one stay parsley or rosemary as well? Presumably one could ;) if one but had enough thyme...

Last edited:
Day 7: get in the car and Drive!

Here in Oregon the cold, gray weather has given way to sunshine - and my Day 7 photo is inspired by the wonderful series of photographs of toys and small beings by Karen (aka @Briar) --- but the additional fact that one of my 'subjects' happened to be a photographer - as is obvious from the large Graflex Speed Graphic she's clutching - was an added bonus.

PenF_Day7_Go_for_a_Drive.jpg

Note: they (the driver of this small car and his photographer passenger - and their automobile as well) usually live in my writing office, atop a bookshelf - but because of the warm weather, they put the convertible top down and headed outside.....to motor ;)

This is where it all started for me, over 60 years ago. Mom had one like this one. (A friend gave me this one). Kodak Brownie 620. 8 shots to the roll. $0.65 (I think) mailed to Fox Photo, included a fresh roll of B&W. We never had an extra roll, so had to wait for the return, before taking any more pictures. The wait was exciting for a very small boy. Now I'm an old man, and the excitement still lingers.

SI 07.JPG
l

Home sweet home ..... There are some outbuildings to be found here on the MoD land. I think this part of the woods is privately owned and these buildings have been here rotting away as long as I can remember. I've lived here for 36 years and no one has ever tried to demolish them or change them in any way. I have seen kids in there taking drugs from time to time and always try to discourage Little B from going inside. There's a lot of sharp decaying metal objects and broken glass, tins, paper and other assorted detritus. Not very nice.

View attachment 217852

I made it look a bit spooky here.

This is a great photograph, Christie.
And your text, about the old outbuildings, and their past, and Little B's desire to visit them - makes it even better.
It may not be the 'nicest' place to actually go into --- but your image has a haunting, beautiful quality to it. Seriously.

Went walking through one of our favorite cemeteries with my Dad today. I came across the grave of one of my former trainers from the 90s, Grand Master Kwan Sung Lee. I knew when he passed, but have never been to his grave site. Grand Master Lee was one of the best. He always laughed and pointed the "you'll pay for that later finger" at me when I called him Grand Master Flash.

T2B15895-Edit-L.jpg

I was photographing an old, unused pay phone that had been decorated with artificial flowers, when I turned, and here was this guy crossing the parking lot in this impeccable red, white & blue outfit, mask and all. I showed him my camera, said "ok?", and he said yes, and posed. Perfect.

MBond_200407_8663.jpg

Day 7 of ?. I managed to get seeds planted today so the garden is officially started. I am encouraging everyone I can to plant a garden - especially this year.
Then I came inside and, after a shower and some food, did another deliberate "Fork Coronavirus!!" image. I doubt if I will go the entire month harping on the same old theme. And I'm sure you are all tired of it already.
I hope when the muse comes to tell me to move on - that I can hear it clearly.
Anyway,

"Fork Coronavirus!!" again
07-4070052.jpg

Last edited:
Day 7 made the switch to the Zeiss 35mm f/2. Moving forward following the arrow.
View attachment 217913

Based on this one photograph, Don, I'd say your decision to 'switch' was an inspired one. The rendering and tones and light in this photograph are truly exceptional. Of course that may have something to do with the photographer's vision so we can't merely give all the credit to the glass but .... I think it's a great shot.

Waiting ......

L1003426-Edit.jpg

for me ...... I usually end up bringing up the rear with my camera. Same woods, different area and a longer walk. We didn't walk until after 4 pm this afternoon and it was really warm, like a Summer's day and really quite muggy. Brought lots of water for Little B that Little Ro managed to share! To make the M10 more portable I took off the evf the last couple of times but I realise that my eyesight needs going over at the optician. Haven't been for about 4 years and not much chance of going any time soon. I have a diopter on my M10 but even so it looks blurry. Today I tried both eyes! Luckily I'm relying a bit on zone focus, using about f5.6 or 8 and a higher iso. Mostly the subjects tend to be quite a way ahead of me which is helpful!

Back