Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

Couldn't wait for 1st, so posted here.
"Two hobbies meet"
Wood work and photography, actually use the phone to video for Church.
And for those looking for results of Pentax 35 mm SMC f/3.5. It could do better in right hands.
E_M5 OOC setting vivid, no pp, Lens f/3.5.

Day 0.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
My April 1st outtake, subway workers are getting morning updates on the prevention and control solutions against the spread of COVID-19. Our city has implemented the next stage individual risk ranking and tracking algorithm, requiring all passengers to check in their health code before entering public transportations.

Retouched camera JPG.

DSC02770.jpg

Day 1 Outtake: 'Until Further Notice'

Taken at my local organic foods supermarket where the checkers are now 'protected' by immense plastic shields, adorned with serious-seeming notices informing all shoppers that, 'until Further notice', all sales are final (i.e. the store will no longer offer refunds on mistaken purchases) .... a sign of the times, perhaps?

But actually the whole image - which couldn't help reminding me of the bullet-proof plexiglass shields many banks installed in front of tellers after a spate of hundreds (or was it thousands?) of bank robberies in the United States, during the 80's - had, for me, a strange, somewhat grim feeling - like I was in a futuristic sci-fi thriller about the social mechanisms of future generations, like Jean-Luc Godard's 'Alphaville'.

Perhaps not the best photograph I've taken, but for me a good document of the times we are living in - and, hopefully, through.

PenF_Day_1_Until_Further_Notice_ACFS.jpg

P.S. taken with one of the built-in monochrome 'Profiles' on my Pen F, and very lightly tweaked a bit in PP.

Day 1 Outtake: 'Until Further Notice'

Taken at my local organic foods supermarket where the checkers are now 'protected' by immense plastic shields, adorned with serious-seeming notices informing all shoppers that, 'until Further notice', all sales are final (i.e. the store will no longer offer refunds on mistaken purchases) .... a sign of the times, perhaps?

But actually the whole image - which couldn't help reminding me of the bullet-proof plexiglass shields many banks installed in front of tellers after a spate of hundreds (or was it thousands?) of bank robberies in the United States, during the 80's - had, for me, a strange, somewhat grim feeling - like I was in a futuristic sci-fi thriller about the social mechanisms of future generations, like Jean-Luc Godard's 'Alphaville'.

Perhaps not the best photograph I've taken, but for me a good document of the times we are living in - and, hopefully, through.

View attachment 216931

P.S. taken with one of the built-in monochrome 'Profiles' on my Pen F, and very lightly tweaked a bit in PP.
Those social mechanisms start somewhere. I read SciFi stories that start with a pandemic in the 21st century when I was growing up.

This morning’s clouds were spectacular. Somewhat limited by the imperative to stay home, again, a shot over the roofs of the neighbours. We arent even allowed to go for a drive. Not sure what to do about the battery in my car, which will deplete. Anyway... here’s a couple more from this morning.

Happy little PeeWees
70E49EC8-3A18-448B-AF5C-C7D315E5BE59.jpeg

Colours!
F4D633BE-2EBB-4DDE-9B13-6A97B5419785.jpeg

Those social mechanisms start somewhere. I read SciFi stories that start with a pandemic in the 21st century when I was growing up.
Yup. I've read plenty of post-apocalyptic stories, "The Stand" being chief among those involving a pandemic. Even though this is bad - very bad in some quarters - we can only hope and pray it doesn't get as bad as the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918-19.

Back