Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

2020-04-11-12-36-MP006256.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, this fell into my lap. Afternoon was ending and then this great shaft of sunlight came through the window and onto the chair, I even had the camera in my hand as it happened. Thing is, I'd already posted my Day 13 entry for today, so I'm posting it in this thread instead. A straight raw to jpeg conversion, no editing.

DSC_1040 copy.jpg

Last edited:
What's Up Doc? Easter set up photo. Just because I needed a bunny and some eggs.
View attachment 218801

Apart from the many, many other reason I like this shot, Don ... the lighting is exceptional.
I also admire both your tenacity and your patience in somehow both waiting for - and possibly persuading - your normally hyperactive subject ... to hold still for the fraction of a second necessary to make this 'capture'.

This is apropos of my Day 12 photo. The photo was shot as part of my wife's continuing quarantine project to recreate famous paintings. This time, it was Max Pechstein "Dancer Reflected in a Mirror." The photo posted is not an accurate representation, for the simple fact that there is no mirror. This is the photo (from the same sitting) that is our effort to recreate the painting:

full

And, this is the original painting:

full

Cheers,

Antonio

One of the things I have come to appreciate about digital over film is that I can stand there with my camera and take one picture in "Tri-X" emulation

DSC_1197.JPG

and then seconds later do "Velvia" in the same camera

DSC_1200.JPG

One of the entertainments in modern photography.

View attachment 218853

This mask 99.9999% guarantees social distancing!

And then, damnit, every once in awhile, that rare person shows up - who belongs to the forgotten 0.0001% of the population - and they suffer from an unhealthy urge to narrow that safe social distance - or at least reduce it to the point where one could sit down over a cup of java and discuss the relative merits of red balloons vs green ones.

But, seriously .... what a great image.

Last edited:
Day 13 Outtakes: the color version

The color version of my monochrome Day13 posting - of a burn pile, sitting in a far corner of the largish garden, waiting for the right atmospheric conditions to be ignited and reduced to ashes.

PenF_Day13_Burn_pile_color.jpg

I liked both versions, actually, but the monochrome version came closer to what I was feeling when I was staring at it (the burn pile) this morning.

Back