Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

A few more outtakes, it was a really calm, overcast evening with pleasant temperatures for a flannel shirt, even down by the water. Made for a peaceful bit of snapshooting.

P1000564 (2).JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1000565.JPG

P1000569.JPG

P1000570.JPG

And yes, some folks need to take a bit better care of their watercraft!

Along with the groceries in the day 24 thread :drinks: I spent a bit of time puttering with Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex and the images from the other days's trip to the State Park. Here's my image of the day from that day in an attempt to mimic the Plus-X I always used to prefer to shoot.

View attachment 220474

Here's the original too. Which do You prefer?

View attachment 220475
I don't remember Plus-X falling off that fast in the shadows. Pan-X did (for me), but I thought Plus-X was the "nice" one. But I may be remembering sheets rather than rolls (which always handled differently for me).

Along with the groceries in the day 24 thread :drinks: I spent a bit of time puttering with Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex and the images from the other days's trip to the State Park. Here's my image of the day from that day in an attempt to mimic the Plus-X I always used to prefer to shoot.

View attachment 220474

Here's the original too. Which do You prefer?

View attachment 220475

I think I prefer your Silver-Efex-Plus-X (monochrome) version, not sure exactly why, but it seems a little more 'classic' to me.

All taken during a half-hour walk from my home. No manual focus this time, just the 4/24-70 zoom on autofocus for the sheer joy of photography on a beautiful day.

i-kNW7kL2.jpg

i-bWLxMpd.jpg

i-KVBsDZJ.jpg

i-mmBK2hp.jpg

i-n56hPjJ.jpg

i-XgZLH34.jpg

An alternate version of that flower shot I posted today, this one at f/4. The flower is not quite as focused but the bokeh is lovely (to me). I've been very impressed with the X100V bokeh, although the only comparison I have is the X100S which I owned briefly.
A
flower.jpg

A few more from the cottage. It's opposite a small pond with a weir. There is a sign warning about swans crossing and as luck would have it one was just strolling across the road in front of us and we had to stop. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture but on the way back we stopped so that I could take some pics. 50mm was totally the wrong focal length and there wasn't enough room on this tiny corner to back up so ....

2020-04-24_0002.jpg

L1004044.jpg

Day 25 Outtakes. Again, sorry to feel so worn-out today. I did not sleep well at all, maybe that's it. More boring old product shots. One is even a copy of yesterday's. Yeesh!! What a lazy bum today!
25-4250023.jpg

25-4250033.jpg

25-4250049.jpg

Here's the series I took. I tend to go a bit overboard and never trust just a single shot .... I have to keep taking more!
View attachment 220521

It's a great series, Christie.
All I can say is....if you can produce series like this (!!!) then by golly you should keep it up! and keep taking more!!!

Day 25 Outtakes: walking around the neighborhood

Went for a walk today around the neighborhood, in the small semi-rural southern Oregon town where I live. Walked past a rarity - a small farm within city limits, where the farmer has erected a quaint vegetable mural to publicize his offerings--

PenF_Day25_urban_farm_Mural.jpg

Nearby there is a small 'nature trail' which runs along the side of a local creek. A lot of greenery, shades of green everywhere - but then I saw this gnarled tree burl which looked much more like a mutant alien growth than horticulture - but it was all about the colors and textures---

PenF_Day25_tree_burl.jpg

Turning around to start walking back home, I got a reverse angle on the same tree burl which, after looking at it on the screen of my Mac, seemed much better in monochrome--

PenF_Day25_tree_burl_sign.jpg

And that was that.

Day 25 Outtakes: walking around the neighborhood

Went for a walk today around the neighborhood, in the small semi-rural southern Oregon town where I live. Walked past a rarity - a small farm within city limits, where the farmer has erected a quaint vegetable mural to publicize his offerings--

View attachment 220656

Nearby there is a small 'nature trail' which runs along the side of a local creek. A lot of greenery, shades of green everywhere - but then I saw this gnarled tree burl which looked much more like a mutant alien growth than horticulture - but it was all about the colors and textures---

View attachment 220657

Turning around to start walking back home, I got a reverse angle on the same tree burl which, after looking at it on the screen of my Mac, seemed much better in monochrome--

View attachment 220659

And that was that.
Love the Veggietales mural!

P1000609.JPG

P1000612.JPG

P1000614.JPG

Daido Moriyama called himself a "hunter." I'm not on his level, certainly, but I felt like a subsistence hunter this afternoon. Had to bag and bring home something! Here are the other critters that had to die, so to speak (grim metaphor).

Back