Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

Sigma 30 on our evening walk.
Apr 01 20200196.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 2 Outtake: color version of my crouching wooden Lizard

This is a color version of my normal Day 2 post - of the wooden sculpture of a crouching lizard, sitting atop an old wooden table, in the garden outside my house in southern Oregon, on a bright (and contrasty) cold Spring day.

It's also a jpeg from one of the Color 'Profiles' of my Pen F - but actually these are and were two different photographs: not the same digital file, processed for either color or monochrome - but rather two separate jpeg shots, one in black-and-white - and the other (this one!) in color. With a little VSCO processing, and Topaz sharpening.

PenF_Day_2_Lizard_sculpture_AcrosPortraAlt.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had a hard time deciding which should be my official Day 2 post and which should be the outtake - and looking at this again, I'm still not sure.

Day 2 Outtake: color version of my crouching wooden Lizard

This is a color version of my normal Day 2 post - of the wooden sculpture of a crouching lizard, sitting atop an old wooden table, in the garden outside my house in southern Oregon, on a bright (and contrasty) cold Spring day.

It's also a jpeg from one of the Color 'Profiles' of my Pen F - but actually these are and were two different photographs: not the same digital file, processed for either color or monochrome - but rather two separate jpeg shots, one in black-and-white - and the other (this one!) in color. With a little VSCO processing, and Topaz sharpening.

View attachment 217122

I had a hard time deciding which should be my official Day 2 post and which should be the outtake - and looking at this again, I'm still not sure.
Dang, it blends in in the color one as well. Yeah, I just realized it’s a carving.

Last edited:
Back