Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

Got out a light with some different modifiers and shot a bunch of stuff yesterday. How many people can say they were trying to find the best modifier for chickens?

T2B15712-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

T2B15662-L.jpg

T2B15685-L.jpg

T2B15703-L.jpg

T2B15724-L.jpg

T2B15780-L.jpg

Day 5 Outtakes: parking lot near railroad tracks

A cold, wet, rainy and generally blusterous day. I braved the elements and went for a short walk.
It was just starting to rain when I saw this corrugated metal culvert, beneath the local railroad tracks - but no water was coming out of it yet---

PenF_Day5_Culvert_RRtracks.jpg

Nearby, an electric power meter had an intriguingly mysterious message on its faceplate: 'CLOSEd'---

PenF_Day5_CLOSEd.jpg

And in the parking lot of the adjacent factory, the taillights of a truck seemed to be staring at me like adjacent twin Cyclops--

PenF_Day5_Truck_taillights.jpg

My Pen F isn't weather-sealed but it seems to have survived the precipitation with no problems, knock on wood, or should I say, knock on magnesium.

Day 5 Outtakes: parking lot near railroad tracks

A cold, wet, rainy and generally blusterous day. I braved the elements and went for a short walk.
It was just starting to rain when I saw this corrugated metal culvert, beneath the local railroad tracks - but no water was coming out of it yet---

View attachment 217640

Nearby, an electric power meter had an intriguingly mysterious message on its faceplate: 'CLOSEd'---

View attachment 217641

And in the parking lot of the adjacent factory, the taillights of a truck seemed to be staring at me like adjacent twin Cyclops--

View attachment 217642

My Pen F isn't weather-sealed but it seems to have survived the precipitation with no problems, knock on wood, or should I say, knock on magnesium.

Very nice Miguel.
I was just enjoying Andrew's images and processing.
Yours has a really nice rich, velvety feel as well.

I rejected this picture but when coming back to it, it reflects windy and murky feelings I had that day. What say you?

View attachment 217693
I think it's a strong image - however, the way the bright areas frame the dark ones, this one conveys more determination and hope than moodiness to me. I think it's a case of conflicting signals - but thanks for sharing because it's certainly worth seeing :2thumbs:

M.

P.S. May I also say that you two (if I can remember who the second guy is - it's a guy, I know that ...) have provided a strong incentive to put the 35mm f/2 on the D750 and head out ...

Day 1 Outtake: 'Until Further Notice'

But actually the whole image - which couldn't help reminding me of the bullet-proof plexiglass shields many banks installed in front of tellers after a spate of hundreds (or was it thousands?) of bank robberies in the United States, during the 80's - had, for me, a strange, somewhat grim feeling - like I was in a futuristic sci-fi thriller about the social mechanisms future generations, like Jean-Luc Godard's 'Alphaville'.

Perhaps not the best photograph I've taken, but for me a good document of the times we are living in - and, hopefully, through.

Actually the shot is quite good in my estimation. And yes, it reminds me of the bulletproof plexiglass shields in the banks and I remember the epidemic of bank robberies which proceeded them.

I haven't watched Jean-Luc Godard's 'Alphaville', perhaps I should. We're definitely living in "interesting times" (leave it to the Chinese to come up with appropriate terminology). I suspect things will not be the same after this in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Back