Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

Heck, I’ve been selling off most of my Mu43 kit and I still have three of these lenses. Not the PL15.
I get the felling I will end up with the P14 and PL15 when the dust settles. The P14 for the simple, almost X70 package. And the PL15 to pair with my PL25 and the O12-45 f/4 Pro I plan on getting. I have to admit I like the rendering of the PL25 on the Pen F, so maybe I'll feel the PL15 magic.

The P14 kit will fit nicely in my Nat Geo 1153 and the PL15/25 + O12-45 Pro will fit nicely in my ONA Bowery.

Day 8 alternate, exploring strange new worlds...
FF0E5722-A3D7-44F0-9F7E-FACF2D9EC91E.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Was hoping for a decent hummingbrd shot this morning. Missed focus on all in the series - nailed the plastic flower and the bird is just slightly OOF in all shots. Posted the white-winged dove visit in the daily thread instead.
original.jpg

Day 9 Outtakes: Cellist at the Supermarket

Some of the other shots I took today, of a cellist, playing a wonderful, long impromptu and partially improvised concert outside a local (southern Oregon) supermarket. Much of the time he was playing, he had an audience of only one - myself - with no one else around. But he didn't stop--

PenF_Day9_Cellist_#2.jpg

At one point, when I moved a little closer for a different angle - though taking care to keep the socially and medically prescribed distance from him - he looked up at me and smiled, though his hands kept on playing--

PenF_Day9_Cellist_#6.jpg

Then he would periodically just 'go into the zone', focusing on the music and nothing else, seeming to shut out exterior distractions as he played on--

PenF_Day9_Cellist_#7.jpg

The handwritten sign, on the inside of the raised lid of his cello case/improvised tip jar, pretty much said it all---and says it all, too.

PenF_Day9_Cellist_#8.jpg

Day 9 Outtakes: Cellist at the Supermarket

Some of the other shots I took today, of a cellist, playing a wonderful, long impromptu and partially improvised concert outside a local (southern Oregon) supermarket. Much of the time he was playing, he had an audience of only one - myself - with no one else around. But he didn't stop--

View attachment 218185

At one point, when I moved a little closer for a different angle - though taking care to keep the socially and medically prescribed distance from him - he looked up at me and smiled, though his hands kept on playing--

View attachment 218186

Then he would periodically just 'go into the zone', focusing on the music and nothing else, seeming to shut out exterior distractions as he played on--

View attachment 218187

The handwritten sign, on the inside of the raised lid of his cello case/improvised tip jar, pretty much said it all---and says it all, too.

View attachment 218188
That second one, particularly lovely.

I was in the shops yesterday and thought to myself, wow, there's a chicken! That's what it's like here in Sydney at the minute. I had to buy it, didn't know when the next time would be there's one available and I mean one, as that was the limit you were allowed to buy. All this demands that it be cooked properly. Salt & lemon pepper inside the bird, together with shallot, garlic, lemon thyme, parsley and bay leaf. Olive oil on the ouside. Let the potatoes support the bird in the oven on one side for 15 minutes, then 15 minutes on the other side, then for the final part rest the bird normally after adding onions and cherry tomatoes and roast for another 30 minutes. The first picture is before the final part, the second one taken is the finished product. Sorry, getting a chicken was a big deal!

DSC_1002 copy.jpg

DSC_1004 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Day 9 Outtakes:
I was in the shops yesterday and thought to myself, wow, there's a chicken! That's what it's like here in Sydney at the minute. I had to buy it, didn't know when the next time would be there's be one available and I mean one, as that was the limit you were allowed to buy. All this demands that it be cooked properly. Salt & lemon pepper inside the bird, together with shallot, garlic, lemon thyme, parsley and bay leaf. Olive oil on the ouside. Let the potatoes support the bird in the oven on one side for 15 minutes, then 15 minutes on the other side, then for the final part rest the bird normally after adding onions and cherry tomatoes and roast for another 30 minutes. The first picture is before the final part, the second one taken is the finished product. Sorry, getting a chicken was a big deal!

View attachment 218199
View attachment 218200
You have me looking for a chicken! Thanks! Looks delicious!

Back