Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

S01-20200427-011.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

S02-20200427-012.jpg

S04-20200427-036.jpg

Someone told me about a challenge from another group to create an image using a cookie sheet. Couldn't decide whether I liked the one that showed the edge of the pan or the one that was totally abstract.
MBond_200427_0063.jpg

MBond_200427_0063-2.jpg

Someone told me about a challenge from another group to create an image using a cookie sheet. Couldn't decide whether I liked the one that showed the edge of the pan or the one that was totally abstract.View attachment 220856

View attachment 220855

I love the textures and also the compositions.
They (both photos) look like something I might see in an exhibition of new paintings at one of the world's edgier MOMA's (Museum of Modern Art). Assuming, that is, that museums ever open again, after our prolonged cultural quarantine.
Then (confession) there is part of me that would like to see you modify this visual exercise...and do an extreme close-up series not of the cookie sheets....but of the cookies that were created and baked and shaped upon them :)

Day 27 Alternative: my mailbox

In my main entry for today (Day 27), there was a shot of my mailbox, alongside the neighbor's mailbox, which sits outside my old farmhouse. It was angled to feature both mailboxes. This alternative take is more of a 'head-on' view - which also allows one to see a bit more of the house, lurking behind it but partially masked by trees and bushes.

PenF_Day27_Mailboxes_#2.jpg

The Pen F 'colour profile' I used for this was developed by R. Cleveland Aaron, the London-based Olympian (is that the right word for someone who uses Olympus cameras?....No???.....I didn't think so.....but it sounded better than 'Pen-F-ian')

.....Then (confession) there is part of me that would like to see you modify this visual exercise...and do an extreme close-up series not of the cookie sheets....but of the cookies that were created and baked and shaped upon them :)
You know I'd be fine with that as well........Of course I'm close enough I'd be happy to take any of the extra cookies @MB007 has to make to get the pictures "just right". ;)

Day 27 2nd Alternate-Outtake: cloudy sky, bird on wire

Turning around 180 degrees from my mailbox, I was tempted to take yet another "cloudy sky" photograph and it was hard to resist. What makes this one a little different is the bird, sitting happily on the telephone wire. With a wide-ish 35mm field-of-view, one can't really get that good a look at the bird - but I like this picture because it shows what I see half the time: cloudy skies, threatening rain which doesn't come as often as one hopes.

PenF_Day27_Bird_on_cloudy_wire.jpg

Day 27 Outtakes. The color version of my morning meds and the garden carpeted and dressed with rock.
27-4270020.jpg
27-4270037.jpg

The area from the grape arbor to the far side of the farthest box is the main garden area. 4 raised boxes (trying to fight cursed bindweed). The in-ground area on the left has just been reclaimed and will host (God-Willing) 3 Sisters mounds. The table with the pots was built to get pots off the ground (cursed bindweed). And there are a couple of large pots that are used for zuchinni just out of camera right sight. Wildflowers in various spots and the beehives just behind where I am standing. Almost done and ready to plant after last frost. The pots will be transplanted this week, but can come inside at night.

Finally worked a deal with the neighbor to let his dog roam in both our yards to keep the squirrels away. Yay!!

Back