Daily Challenge The April 2020 Challenge - outtakes and alternatives

Day 30 alternative. Miniature filter.
4C468005-DCC7-4390-A7EC-471E2DB40E4C.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 29 Outtake.
Sorry, yesterday got completely away from me. I forgot to post an image. So, this is for yesterday and I will try to get something to finish the month with today.

View attachment 221292
I used to have that model. I carried it everywhere. Once (late 90’s) it set off the metal alarm as I went through the security scanner at Chicago airport. I showed the knife to the security guy, who said “that’s ok then, you can go through”. Simpler times.

The last day, I made it without even missing 1 day!

Restaurant not in business, such a depressing sight.
S02-20200430-013.jpg

And another one.
S03-20200430-017.jpg

As a picture this one isn't great, but it's about the way I took it. After watching a video about Suzanne Stein I decided that I'm going to start asking people if I can take a picture of them. This was the first occasion, I went for it and the girls consented.
S04-20200430-036.jpg

I won't refrain from candid shots but when I feel I can get a nicer picture by contacting people, I will do so. Hopefully it becomes easier with time.

I used to have that model. I carried it everywhere. Once (late 90’s) it set off the metal alarm as I went through the security scanner at Chicago airport. I showed the knife to the security guy, who said “that’s ok then, you can go through”. Simpler times.
I have a similar model and a similar story. I was travelling in Sweden and, passing through a provincial airport, I realised that I'd neglected to put my penknife in my hold luggage, and was about to forfeit it when I passed through x-ray. A nice SAS lady (that's the airline, not the special forces chaps in balaclavas) saw that I was saddened by the likely loss of an old friend, and offered to carry it airside by hand, to locate my hold luggage among all the others, and to stow the knife in the outer pocket. Which she did. Now, wasn't that good of her?

-R

alternate Day 29, more water over the spillway
View attachment 221217

People talk about interpersonal 'chemistry' often and I think it may also apply to the relationships some of us have with our cameras - which is a long-winded preamble to saying, Don, that looking at this seriously cool photograph - and appreciating it - I have to say that there is a definite chemistry between you and your Monochrom. It's really a treat seeing the images you keep on producing (or creating) with it - and wondering what you (or 'the two of you') will produce next.

Great photograph. Really.

People talk about interpersonal 'chemistry' often and I think it may also apply to the relationships some of us have with our cameras - which is a long-winded preamble to saying, Don, that looking at this seriously cool photograph - and appreciating it - I have to say that there is a definite chemistry between you and your Monochrom. It's really a treat seeing the images you keep on producing (or creating) with it - and wondering what you (or 'the two of you') will produce next.

Great photograph. Really.
Thank you Miguel.
An only black and white camera takes me to my b&w film days. It does make me look at things with a different eye. So glad that others appreciate the images it makes.😀

Day 30 Alternatives: at the (reopened) Grower's Market
(warning: picture heavy)

Went to the reopened local Grower's Market today. Everyone wearing masks and respecting social distancing - but it was a great experience. I got a handful of fine images, in addition to the monochrome one which was my official entry for this last day of the Challenge - so here are many of them - starting with a general view of what one sees when one arrives--

PenF_Day30_Farmers_Market.jpg

This is a closer view of the artisan cheese-maker who named his business after his late grandfather - this one taken as an SOOC jpeg--

PenF_Day30_by_George#2(VSCO).jpg

A local bakery was selling delicious (pre-packaged, to avoid any 'contamination') wares---

PenF_Day30_Multigrain_bread.jpg

Consumption (aka 'eating') was not permitted in or on the market, but a number of excellent food carts were doing business. After assorted vegetable and egg purchases, I stopped at the one with the coolest décor: maritime themed---

PenF_Day30_Food_cart_Ceramic_fish.jpg

The cook, not a young man, had traveled around some, but told me all his recipes were original creations--

PenF_Day30_Food_cart_Chef#1.jpg

He focused on his work like an artist--

PenF_Day30_Food_cart_Chef#2.jpg

And the results were mouthwateringly cool to see--

PenF_Day30_Food_cart_Chef#3.jpg

As I was leaving, he assured me that these would be 'the best tacos you have ever eaten in your life'--

PenF_Day30_Food_cart_Chef#4.jpg

And judging from the expressions of those around, I don't think he was exaggerating--

PenF_Day30_Foodcart_Mermaid.jpg

I hope wherever you are, you have good food on the table - and are keeping your spirits up.

Back