Leica The Ballerina

tmldds

Regular
I participated in a group shoot in Houston last Sunday and the model was a fabulous ex-Russian ballerina.

Attachments

• Victoria 3 web.jpg
    Victoria 3 web.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Victoria 10 web.jpg
    Victoria 10 web.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Victoria 11 web.jpg
    Victoria 11 web.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 231
Thank you Christilou and Brian. Christilou, with a group shoot, the photographers are generally stuck in one position and can only move a little forward, backward, up, down, but not sideways because there are always others on either side of you.

Ahh, I see. That must be really frustrating! On the other hand there's less pressure if you're in a group. I really struggle to overcome shyness when taking photos of people, I feel like a rabbit in the spotlight or the great pretender :blush:

Life Imitating Art

About two years ago, I was thinking of selling my Canon 5D Mark II camera and Zeiss ZE lenses and buying eventually a Leica full-frame digital camera. Before doing so, I rented a Leica M9 camera for four days when I was in Boston to see how I liked it. One of those days I walked around Cambridge and took many photos. This one was taken on the campus of Harvard University. I caught this young woman practicing her ballet next to a statue of a ballerina. It's not my best photo, but I like the combination of her pose with the statue. I've thought of printing a large copy of it and hanging it in my hallway, on one of those narrow wall spaces that hallways seem to have between door frames.

As for the camera, I decided to proceed with the transition from Canon DSLR to a Leica M9. It took some time to sell all of the equipment, and was delayed a few times due to some hits along the way to my personal finances, but this month I bought a Leica M9. It's in the mail heading to me. I should receive it on Wednesday (March 26, 2014).

russelljtdyer-20120513-leicaplace-ballerina-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Brian, Tri, Raid, and everyone else. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my M9. I see now on-line that it arrived at the Paris airport this morning. It should be in Milan by the end of the day today, and spend a while with Italian customs tomorrow. That's where and when I will worry the most. I dread having a package in the possession of Italian customs. Normally, a package will clear customs in a day or two, but they held once a package of mine for six months. Although they probably won't, they might try to charge me a hefty tax of a few hundred dollars. If they do that, it would take some doing to convince them that I shouldn't have to pay a tax for it. I won't be at ease until it arrives without a customs charge. Hopefully, that will happen Wednesday evening.

-Russell

P.S.: Sorry for this sidetrack of this thread.

Back