the Cemetery image thread....

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Don
Yes, this graveyard had a number of hand written headstones. most were in very poor condition. Very thought provoking.

One doesn't see headstones like this one much - or in my case, ever. Very poignant to imagine it being hand made, Don.

Reactions: BBW

rybolt

Itinerant picture taker
Mar 24, 2014
Yellow Springs, Ohio USA
Paul Rybolt
Last Spring we spent a month tracking down some remote burial grounds on the west coast of Ireland. I love graveyards and we are very respectful of the grounds. The first week we were shooting I couldn't figure out how the graves could be so well tended and yet there were bottles laying around everywhere. Being of the heathen persuasion and not knowing anything about Catholicism I made it a point to clean up the graves and dispose of the bottles. The penny dropped about ten days later when I discovered that the bottles of water were taken from the Holy Wells and left on the graves. I felt like a bozo.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

KillRamsey

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
Took a walk with my daughter in Mt Auburn again last night after dinner. She carries my old Nikon superzoom compact, and I use the X-T1. Almost all of the shots were with the 56 lens, which performed wonderfully I think. There's an album on flickr but here are a few...

Mt Auburn Cemetery by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Ah hell I wanna put them all here and I know better.

NightBird

Regular
Apr 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Darren
Took a walk with my daughter in Mt Auburn again last night after dinner. She carries my old Nikon superzoom compact, and I use the X-T1. Almost all of the shots were with the 56 lens, which performed wonderfully I think. There's an album on flickr but here are a few...

Ah hell I wanna put them all here and I know better.
That 56 looks delicious.

Latest threads

Top Bottom