the Cemetery image thread....

Images from Narragansett Meeting House, one of the oldest in Rhode Island.

"For the Glory of God and in memory of Gabriel Bernon, Born La Rochelle France 1644. Died Providence 1736. A Seigneur of France. A Citizen of Rhode Island. A Founder of this Church." This is the closest memorial stone I could find to the Meeting House in the background.

DSCF4299-3.jpg

Turning around, those memorial stones extend for a block and a half across the original length of the church property. The path is made up of marker blocks of the subsequent rectors of the church, all the way to present times. On maps, it's referred to as the "Greeneway."

DSCF4304-2.jpg

DSCF4301-2.jpg

A historical cemetery abuts the Meeting House.

DSCF4288-2.jpg

DSCF4292-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Images from Narragansett Meeting House, one of the oldest in Rhode Island.

"For the Glory of God and in memory of Gabriel Bernon, Born La Rochelle France 1644. Died Providence 1736. A Seigneur of France. A Citizen of Rhode Island. A Founder of this Church." This is the closest memorial stone I could find to the Meeting House in the background.

View attachment 23809

Turning around, those memorial stones extend for a block and a half across the original length of the church property. The path is made up of marker blocks of the subsequent rectors of the church, all the way to present times. On maps, it's referred to as the "Greeneway."

View attachment 23810

View attachment 23812

A historical cemetery abuts the Meeting House.

View attachment 23811

View attachment 23808

I have a CD called Pipes Rhode Island, a collection of organ recitals from various churches there.

Back