the Cemetery image thread....

Hello,

Here's a few of my favorite photos from cemeteries in California.

Angel%20%283%29-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

november2010cemeteries%20%2826%29%20%281%29-M.jpg

IMG_5746-L.jpg

2016sg-M.jpg

cemeteryB%26W-L.jpg

Canon%20SX40%20HS%202012%20%28111%29-L.jpg

Well, we made it back to the Como, Colorado cemetery. I found George Wyatt's gravestone again. But the apology plaque has been removed!! Shame, it was a truly unique item in a graveyard. Still the story is worthy of a movie. A western saga of conquest, iniquity, and revenge, with a present day twist of reconciliation.
Brilliant. See my post of 25 December 2019 in this thread.

Is this something special in Bremen? I've never seen any of these here.
Walter, this decoration most probably won´t be seen in the graveyards where you live, because nearly all the dead people there must have been extremely respectable persons in life.
Here in Bremen at the park-sized cemetery there is a clear division of class and the windmills can be found adorning the graves of people of lower quality(thanks Henry Fielding for this expression), the majority got the usual substantial
tombstones to convince visitors of their former importance.

Walter, this decoration most probably won´t be seen in the graveyards where you live, because nearly all the dead people there must have been extremely respectable persons in life.
Here in Bremen at the park-sized cemetery there is a clear division of class and the windmills can be found adorning the graves of people of lower quality(thanks Henry Fielding for this expression), the majority got the usual substantial
Well the way you captured them made the lower quality ones of much more interest to me.

Well, that's what I more or less expected. It's all a matter of taste and decorum, fields which are not the strength of "people of lower quality". The lapses of taste in our cemetary are of a different kind.

Back