The Christmas 2020 Thread

P1010325.jpg

When do the Aussie's usually put up the decorations? At least in this area the traditional date to light 'em up is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving (for the US, the 4th Thursday in November). This year were some really early displays but I think this year it was understandable.
I believe it’s 1st December though Kate will be more on top of that than me.

Wish I could post a video. There's a house here that has a big neon sign out front with a low-power FM station to tune to. The lights are synchronized with a huge Playlist of Christmas music.

There is, also in my area, a fellow who has a natural Santa look (pudgy, big white beard, round glasses, etc.) He actually dresses up, has a fully decorated yard, and spend the week before Christmas at a table in his yard allowing parents to bring their kids by for a chat with Santa.

I live a a pretty chill town.

Aftermath of home where Santa hangs out in the weeks before Christmas.
20201227_092022.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Santa usually entertains a line of people - the fence is helpful in maintaining distance.
20201227_092137.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kids can sit on the bench and talk to Santa sitting in his sleigh in front of the bus. Very sweet service. Outdoors, in a neighborhood, so social distancing is easier. Generally a line leading up to Christmas. Now the aftermath will need to be stored for next year. It all goes in the bus - yes, it runs.

Back