The Christmas and End of Year 2010 Holiday Thread!

Right! Sorry about my misspelling! A good friend of our daughter's from college hails from West Chester. I think I'd like it there. I did venture in once but it was only on the outskirts and that part of town doesn't count.

Good for you for getting out in the thick of it, Ray!

A few from the Downtown Washington, DC Holiday Market that takes place in front of the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery every afternoon and evening right up to Christmas. The vendors are for the most part small artisans with home made goods. There are a few local photographers that have some great images for sale. It is refreshing in this day of the mega-stores to have this type of alternative market available right in the heart of downtown DC, even if it is only for a month.

LX5
P1010227.jpg

P1010286_-_Version_2.jpg

P1010230.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010235_-_Version_2.jpg

Boy, you guys are really making me feel like an old humbug! Truth be told, I have been singing (to myself, though in my dog's presence) parts of the Messiah..:D

Ray, many thanks for adding in your celebration of the Festival of Lights, Chanukah photographs. They have a lovely quiet feeling and you've caught the lighting just right.

Peter, you are truly one of the masters of the E-P1! I feel as though I could reach out and grab one of those chocolates! Love your color processing on that "Love" decoration shot, as well.

Alf, there's a warm and cozy feeling in your scene. I think I'd enjoy sitting in that room with a good book and a nice drink.

Will, I'm with Christina - that image of the little boy holding his father's hand...and then when I scrolled down the page, I saw it cropped as well. Even though we can't see his face, just seeing his profile in that little striped hat with his cheek aglow, we know his face is full of wonder. A classic image, Will.

Back