The Christmas and End of Year 2010 Holiday Thread!

NEX 5 - Hexanon 40mm 1.8

Might as well post a few more while I can. This time the tree is lit and I've changed lenses. Yes, it's been a dull day:)

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02254.jpg

:D It's fun to see these, too. Now I have to scroll back to compare our little bear.

OK, now I've revisited the unlighted versions. I have to say that I like both but I think these have more of the wonder of it all about them. I'm sure it's much more about the lighting than the camera and lens. They are really lovely. You should continue your Christmas photos. I can easily see these being photographic illustrations to a children's book, Christina.

5285842521_dbf4a97dc2_z.jpg

I sat down with Doreen to have a coffee and said, "Good to be ready for Christmas with three days to go," She said are "You kidding Christmas is Saturday." I sat there like a deer caught in the headlights as I had somehow lost a day … ah the joys of retirement you never know one day from another.

I hope to post over the next three days but I am the cook and tomorrow is baking day, Saturday I am cooking a vegan feast for my sister in law and her husband as the of that persuasion. The next day I will be cooking a more carnivorous meal for my for those of that persuasion. For my part eat and enjoy everything.

<b>Every year for the past fifteen I put up a we based Christmas card, images, stories, music and greetings. I would sure love if you dropped in for a virtual grog and spend a bit of time with us.</b>

Chanukah is over - onto Christmas. Nothing overtly Christmas-ish in these shots except the tree in the background of the first. But both of my girls are home for the holiday with my wife and I and that's the surest sign of Christmas there is in my book! Off to see the extended family tomorrow - have a wonderful Christmas!!

-Ray

View attachment 31545

View attachment 31546

View attachment 31547

These are really nice Ray. Lovely and homely feeling :)

Thanks so much. I'm gonna assume you meant "homey" rather than "homely", but I won't tell the ladies, just in case. :D

This is exactly the kind of shooting I bought a couple of legacy lenses for and they're perfect for it. Can't wait to use them with the extended family over the next few days.

-Ray

I am so glad you've been adding to this thread. It is a bit hectic for many of us, some are traveling and won't even have Internet accesss... Grant, thank you for that beautiful photo of your front door, and for your "Christmas Realization" AKA deer in the headlights story! And thank you so much for the invitation to your virtual grog invite, too!

Ray, you have a beautiful gaggle of girls there so happy holidays and have fun with them. And Christina, thank you for bringing me back to the simple wonders of the holiday with your delicate images.

Off to the domestic duties in preparation! I'll look forward to spending more time in these halls in a few days!

son arrived, poor lad, he is tired after his overnight sea crossing to Saint Malo, (they woke him at 5am), and drive down to SW France

As you can see he is "full of Christmas Spirit" but all is good and now that both son and daughter are here jollity will abound

James_toni.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(sorry about the coke can! and - note for mothers: I know his jeans need a iron - he has brought all his washing with him)

Back